Quantcast

API to add Settings provider to Preprocessor Include path Entries

API to add Settings provider to Preprocessor Include path Entries

Vincent GUIGNOT

Hello

I'm trying to set by default my own LanguageSettingsProvider. I've created a ext point, I can see it in the prefs. When I check the preprocessorInclude path properties of my project, my provider is available as provider, but not checked.

Is there any API to check it by default ?

I remark also, when I check manually my provider to have is in the Settings Entries, A new file appears in the root of the project in .settings/language.settings.xml which contains the provider.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Vincent

This email and its content belong to Ingenico Group. The enclosed information is confidential and may not be disclosed to any unauthorized person. If you have received it by mistake do not forward it and delete it from your system. Cet email et son contenu sont la propriété du Groupe Ingenico. L’information qu’il contient est confidentielle et ne peut être communiquée à des personnes non autorisées. Si vous l’avez reçu par erreur ne le transférez pas et supprimez-le.

Re: API to add Settings provider to Preprocessor Include path Entries

Marc-André Laperle

Maybe you can look at the Cross GCC toolchain as a simple example? If I look quickly at the plugin.xml, it looks like there's a "languageSettingsProviders" field in the toolchain definition.

Marc-André

Antwort: Re: API to add Settings provider to Preprocessor Include path Entries

Jens Frieben
I have the same issue. Solved it to some degree with the following code.
The provider is added and moved to the top (first position of the array). Only this way, the provided symbols can override existing ones
The snipplet is executed in a SetCommandOperation provided by the org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.newWizardPages extension point (see operationClass).

HOWEVER: Sometimes, the provider gets deselected again. I am not sure why and when. I am still searching for a solution.
I hope this will help you
Best regards

Jens

// Manually add the language provider --- it is not activated and set to the top position despite the correct entry in the toolchain ....
ICProjectDescriptionManager manager = CoreModel.getDefault().getProjectDescriptionManager();
ICProjectDescription prjDescriptionWritable = manager.getProjectDescription(project, true);
ICConfigurationDescription cfgDescriptionWritable = prjDescriptionWritable.getActiveConfiguration();
String[] oldProviderIDs = ((ILanguageSettingsProvidersKeeper) cfgDescriptionWritable).getDefaultLanguageSettingsProvidersIds();
List<ILanguageSettingsProvider> provider = ((ILanguageSettingsProvidersKeeper) cfgDescriptionWritable).getLanguageSettingProviders();

String[] newProvidersId = Arrays.copyOf(oldProviderIDs,oldProviderIDs.length + 1);
// add the new provider in front
newProvidersId[0] = PxCToolchainBuiltinSpecsDetector.PROVIDER_ID;
for (int i = 0; i < oldProviderIDs.length; i++) {
        newProvidersId[i+1] = oldProviderIDs[i];
}

((ILanguageSettingsProvidersKeeper) cfgDescriptionWritable).setDefaultLanguageSettingsProvidersIds(newProvidersId);
List<ILanguageSettingsProvider> providers = LanguageSettingsManager.createLanguageSettingsProviders(newProvidersId);
((ILanguageSettingsProvidersKeeper) cfgDescriptionWritable).setLanguageSettingProviders(providers);
((ILanguageSettingsProvidersKeeper) cfgDescriptionWritable).getDefaultLanguageSettingsProvidersIds();
((ILanguageSettingsProvidersKeeper) cfgDescriptionWritable).getLanguageSettingProviders();
try {
        manager.setProjectDescription(project, prjDescriptionWritable);
} catch (CoreException e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
}

ManagedBuildManager.saveBuildInfo(project, true);

Fraunhofer-Institut für Entwurfstechnik Mechatronik IEM
M.Sc. Jens Frieben

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

Fraunhofer-Einrichtung für Entwurfstechnik Mechatronik IEM
Softwaretechnik
Zukunftsmeile 1
33102 Paderborn

Telefon: +49 5251 5465 -121

Fax: +49 5251 5465 -6121
[hidden email]

https://www.iem.fraunhofer.de

www.wissenschaft-und-industrieforum.de
http://www.wissenschafts-und-industrieforum.de

Von:        Marc-André Laperle <[hidden email]>
An:        cdt General developers list. <[hidden email]>
Datum:        11.05.2017 15:58
Gesendet von:        [hidden email]

Maybe you can look at the Cross GCC toolchain as a simple example? If I look quickly at the plugin.xml, it looks like there's a "languageSettingsProviders" field in the toolchain definition.

Marc-André

Re: API to add Settings provider to Preprocessor Include path Entries

Vincent GUIGNOT

Salut Marc-André,

Yes, I've seen this example too, but, unfortunately, it doesn't works for me.

On github, I've found many projects with the .settings/language.settings.xml already set !  But I prefer to set programmability if possible.

Vincent

Von:        Marc-André Laperle [hidden email]
An:        cdt General developers list. [hidden email]
Datum:        11.05.2017 15:58
Gesendet von:        [hidden email]

Maybe you can look at the Cross GCC toolchain as a simple example? If I look quickly at the plugin.xml, it looks like there's a "languageSettingsProviders" field in the toolchain definition.

Marc-André

Re: Antwort: Re: API to add Settings provider to Preprocessor Include path Entries

Vincent GUIGNOT

Hello,

Your solution works, but only one time. On the next launch of eclipse, I need to set again the language settings provider.

I've searched deeper in cdt.core CConfigurationDescription without success.

Von:        Marc-André Laperle [hidden email]
An:        cdt General developers list. [hidden email]
Datum:        11.05.2017 15:58
Gesendet von:        [hidden email]

Maybe you can look at the Cross GCC toolchain as a simple example? If I look quickly at the plugin.xml, it looks like there's a "languageSettingsProviders" field in the toolchain definition.

Marc-André

Re: Antwort: Re: API to add Settings provider to Preprocessor Include path Entries

Andrew Gvozdev-2

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Vincent GUIGNOT <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Telefon: <a href="tel:+49%205251%205465121" value="+4952515465121" target="_blank">+49 5251 5465 -121

Fax: <a href="tel:+49%205251%2054656121" value="+49525154656121" target="_blank">+49 5251 5465 -6121

Von:        Marc-André Laperle [hidden email]
An:        cdt General developers list. [hidden email]
Datum:        11.05.2017 15:58
Gesendet von:        [hidden email]