An error has occurred...

Tim Harsch
Hi all,
    I installed Eclipse 3.0.2 onto Windows XP and it worked fine.  I
installed Quantum DB and it looked good.  I realized I had no client libs,
so I installed Oracle 9.0 client libs and now when I launch eclipse I get:

Popup Title:  Eclipse
Message:  "An error has occured.  See the log file c:\Program"

Obviously the message text is choking on the space in the path... just to be
sure I looked for a log file called "c:\program" and no such luck.

Any ideas?

Tim

Re: An error has occurred...

EricLiu
hi,Tim
Oracle will append it's jdk/bin directory to system path, so when you start eclipse, it use the old version jdk coming with oracle.
You can just remove that jdk from system environment variable: path.

==============

>Hi all,
>    I installed Eclipse 3.0.2 onto Windows XP and it worked fine.  I
>installed Quantum DB and it looked good.  I realized I had no client libs,
>so I installed Oracle 9.0 client libs and now when I launch eclipse I get:
>
>Popup Title:  Eclipse
>Message:  "An error has occured.  See the log file c:\Program"
>
>Obviously the message text is choking on the space in the path... just to be
>sure I looked for a log file called "c:\program" and no such luck.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Tim

               Eric Liu
               [hidden email]
                                        2005-05-17

RE: An error has occurred...

reza mohammadi
I think I had the same problem before, it depended on my oracle DB. Because
Oracle used JSDK 1.3... but eclipse demands JSDK 1.4..
Check in your path which one is the first one, if it is Oracle in the
begining of the path change the place with your JSDK