CDT 9.4.2 and Oxygen.3 RC1

Jonah Graham
Hi folks,

On Monday I plan to release CDT 9.4.2[1]. This build will also be our Oxygen.3 RC1 contribution as previously discussed[2]. If needed we will contribute a CDT 9.4.3 for Oxygen.3.

(This is my first official work doing releng, if you notice anything amiss, please do let me know. I will also be updating https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/release_engineering to try to make sure everything is captured.)

Thanks

Kichwa Coders Ltd.

Re: CDT 9.4.2 and Oxygen.3 RC1

Doug Schaefer-3

I’ll reply to all so everyone knows how this works. I wasn’t really following Marc’s doc.

They key is to add the 9.4.2 build into the composite that sits in cdt/releases/9.4. That way Check for Updates will pick it up. That directory currently contains:

cdt-9.4.0  cdt-9.4.1  compositeArtifacts.xml  compositeContent.xml

The webmasters don’t want to hand out ssh access anymore for security so we’ll need to figure out how to do that from Jenkins without exposing an even bigger security hole.

Doug.

Re: CDT 9.4.2 and Oxygen.3 RC1

Nathan Ridge
Hi Jonah,

> On Monday I plan to release CDT 9.4.2[1].

Thanks a lot for doing this!

Is there a cutoff time for getting commits into 9.4.2?

Thanks,
Nate

Re: CDT 9.4.2 and Oxygen.3 RC1

Jonah Graham
How about 5pm GMT / 12 noon EST Monday? I will do the releng work Monday evening UK time. That should provide a little time buffer for Doug to help Monday evening/Tuesday morning if I need it.

Kichwa Coders Ltd.
www.kichwacoders.com

On 10 February 2018 at 21:44, Nathan Ridge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jonah,

> On Monday I plan to release CDT 9.4.2[1].

Thanks a lot for doing this!

Is there a cutoff time for getting commits into 9.4.2?

Thanks,
Nate

Re: CDT 9.4.2 and Oxygen.3 RC1

Jonah Graham
I am starting the release work, please don't push to cdt_9_4 branch until I complete the release process.

The current HEAD is ae8b4e25da. I need to at least do a version number bump, so the release will be based on something else.

Thanks

Kichwa Coders Ltd.
www.kichwacoders.com