CDT 9.6

Doug Schaefer-3

Hey gang,

At the call today, we have discussed when CDT 9.6 should be. At the end of the day, we decided it really depends on you . We have the opportunity to do minor releases pretty much any time but it probably makes more sense to do that on the release train which leaves every 3 months.

So if there are API additions you want to get in or features you want to add, we’re open for business.

We do have some features that we know we want to get in but aren’t really sure when they will be ready. That includes:

  • Managed Build on Core Build to allow us to begin migration off of the old Managed Build.
  • External Language Server support to allow us to leverage clang as our parser for our source navigation and content assist features and hopefully refactoring.

Please let us know if there is something you’d like to add.

Doug.

Re: CDT 9.6

Nathan Ridge
So, just to clarify, does this mean 9.6 will be part of Photon.1?

Thanks,
Nate

Re: CDT 9.6

Doug Schaefer-3
I don' think we've decided yet. It depends on whether there are new features or API additions that will be ready by then. If not, we'll ship 9.5.1 off the 9.5 branch.

Also, there is no Photon.x any more. All future releases will be numbered. The next one is 2018-09. It's schedule is here:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/SimRel/2018-09/Simultaneous_Release_Plan

then 2018-12, etc., every three months.

Doug.