CDT Call Wednesday 5 Feb

Jonah Graham
Hello folks,

We have our monthly meeting coming up next week.

We have some big discussions coming up. Please let me know if you have any additional topics to discuss or please just add to the agenda direct.

  1. Welcome and sign yourself in
  2. Actions from last meeting
    a.  John Comments on embed-cdt’s Creation Review (done)
  3. CDT 10.x
     Jonah
  4. Deprecate and delete parts of CDT
    a. UPC
    b. LRParser
    c. XLC
    d. Arduino
    e. Others?
  5. Github vs gerrit/Bugzilla revisited
  6. Next Release - CDT 9.11.0
     Jonah
    a. Target platform updated
    b. M2 on Feb 3

See you all Wednesday.
Kichwa Coders

Re: CDT Call Wednesday 5 Feb

Jonah Graham
Hello folks,

The minutes are now available from our meeting. The next meeting is 4 Mar.

Minutes

  1. CDT 10.x

We need to write down the deprecate & deletion policy. We will borrow the Eclipse Platform policy as a starting point.

Hold off on calling a release CDT 10.0 because we should ideally have new positives to announce as part of the 10.0 release, not just code removals. Therefore, call it CDT 9.12 but include major version bumps of bundles where needed.

Still a concern that we may need to call it 10.0 to make it clear that there is a new policy for API changes.

Action: Jonah to write policy for deprecate & deletion.
Action: Jonah to solicit input / announce on cdt-dev.

  1. Deprecate and delete parts of CDT

In call discussed the removal of these items:

a. UPC
b. LRParser
c. XLC
d. Arduino

Generally agreed by attendees to remove for 2020-06.

Action: Jonah to solicit input / announce on cdt-dev.

  1. Managed Build

William and Alexander discussed with plans to continue discussions on the mailing lists/Wiki.

Action: William will add what he has to GitHub soon.

  1. Github vs gerrit/Bugzilla revisited

Status quo for now. Need to collect pros/cons before moving. Moving to gitlab muddies the waters.

For gitlab, see https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/issues/195865

  1. Next Release - CDT 9.11.0

Kichwa Coders
www.kichwacoders.com