CDT themed Eclipse Newsletter in April

Tracy Miranda-3
Hi all,

It has been confirmed that the April 2017 edition of the Eclipse newsletter will be CDT themed. The newsletter is delivered to over 140,000 recipients and is a great way to showcase our technology. (The last one we did was back in October 2013 https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2013/october/)

We can have a maximum of 6 articles. Here are the suggestions from the last CDT call

* Doug - topic TBD
* Tracy - topic TBD, CDT debug features?
* Ericsson - maybe TraceCompass? (Marc Khouzam to coordinate)
* RedHat - maybe docker support? (Jeff Johnston to coordinate)
* Renesas - CDT extender point of view (William Riley to coordinate)

If anyone else would like to volunteer please let me know on or off list. Also if anyone has topics they'd like to see in the newsletter, also let me know. I'll be looking for confirmation of authors/topics over the next while to pass onto Roxanne.

The deadline for content will be April 6th

Tracy

Re: CDT themed Eclipse Newsletter in April

Doug Schaefer-3
I’d love to see an update on our support for the newest C++ standards. I ran into Dr. Peter Sommerlad in Germany last week and he reminded me of all the great work that Thomas and the students at HSR Rapperswil are doing for us.

Doug.

Re: CDT themed Eclipse Newsletter in April

Tracy Miranda-3
Hi all,

Thanks to all those who are confirmed for writing a CDT-related article for the April Eclipse newsletter. Here is the finalized list of authors/articles

  • Doug: Program your Arduino like a Pro with the CDT
  • Tracy: Linker Editor
  • Marc-Andre: Language Server Protocol using ClangD
  • Jeff: Docker support
  • Nathan: C++ language support

Looking at the talk titles it is a great set of topics and testament to the great work we have done and continue to do in this community.
There is still the option for one more article, so if anyone is interested please let me know soon.The deadline for content is April 6th

Regards,
Tracy

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 8:24 PM, Tracy Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I've been fortunate enough to have a preview of the CDT newsletter and have to say it looks awesome!

Lots of interesting stuff plus very forward-looking with articles on C++, Docker, LSP & Arduino. It's a good reminder of the strength in-depth we have here in the CDT community. Huge thanks to Jeff, Nate, Doug & Marc-Andre who took the time to write articles, much appreciated!

Thanks also to our editor Natalie & Roxanne for co-ordinating everything.

I believe all going to plan it should go live tomorrow, please keep an eye out & promote far and wide.

Tracy

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Tracy Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

+1. And thanks Tracy for organizing this. It’s a really good showcase of what we offer.

Cheers,
Doug