Cairo-related Crash on Redhat 6

Thomas Singer
Hi,

Recently I've updated SWT in SmartGit 17.1 preview from SWT 4.756 to SWT
4.811 and now a user reports a crash when opening a file compare (which
makes use of StyledText and antialiased painting). You have fixed a
GLIBC 2.14 dependency a few months ago so users could continue using
latest SmartGit builds on older Linux machines, but now they are
rejected again by hard crashes. :(

java: cairo-misc.c:380: _cairo_operator_bounded_by_source: Assertion
`NOT_REACHED' failed.
/home/scallaway/bin_scott/gitSmart/smartgit/bin/smgit: line 144: 89261
Aborted                 (core dumped) $_JAVA_EXEC $_GC_OPTS $_MISC_OPTS
$_VM_PROPERTIES -jar "$SMARTGIT_HOME/lib/bootloader.jar" "$@"

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer

Re: Cairo-related Crash on Redhat 6

Eric Williams
Hi Thomas,

On 08/22/2017 04:31 AM, Thomas Singer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently I've updated SWT in SmartGit 17.1 preview from SWT 4.756 to SWT
> 4.811 and now a user reports a crash when opening a file compare (which
> makes use of StyledText and antialiased painting). You have fixed a
> GLIBC 2.14 dependency a few months ago so users could continue using
> latest SmartGit builds on older Linux machines, but now they are
> rejected again by hard crashes. :(
>
> java: cairo-misc.c:380: _cairo_operator_bounded_by_source: Assertion
> `NOT_REACHED' failed.
> /home/scallaway/bin_scott/gitSmart/smartgit/bin/smgit: line 144: 89261
> Aborted                 (core dumped) $_JAVA_EXEC $_GC_OPTS $_MISC_OPTS
> $_VM_PROPERTIES -jar "$SMARTGIT_HOME/lib/bootloader.jar" "$@"

RHEL 6 is not a target environment for 4.8, and GTK2 work is being
deprioritized due to limited development resources in SWT.

That said: Leo or I would be happy to review any incoming patches.

Eric Williams
Associate Software Engineer - Eclipse Team
Red Hat

Re: Cairo-related Crash on Redhat 6

Thomas Singer
Hi Eric,

Thank you for your feedback. Looks like we have to downgrade SWT to 4.7
again.

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer