Callisto Dates and BIRT 2.1 Dates

Paul Clenahan
Callisto Dates and BIRT 2.1 Dates

Team,

Further to the PMC call today, I just checked the Callisto dates.

The main reference I could find for Callisto was: http://www.eclipse.org/projects/callisto.php. The basic Callisto dates on this page have not changed. These align with the dates that we have in the BIRT 2.1 Development Plan, with one exception: The Callisto dates have BIRT as releasing both RC0 and RC1 on April 14th. As per previous discussions, my understanding is that BIRT's RC0 is a repackaging of the M5 code since we are not yet done with the work to repackage JARs, but tested with the other RC0 project code.

Net: Our dates are accurate, with the note that our RC0 does not contain any new features.

Correct?

Paul.

RE: Callisto Dates and BIRT 2.1 Dates

Wenfeng Li
Callisto Dates and BIRT 2.1 Dates

There is risk of not being able to complete new features.  If we can not do that we will repackage M5 with platform RC0.

But if we are able to stabilize the migration to the single chart and plug-in manifest this week, I think we can release RC0 on 4/14 with the tip of the dev stream.

We do need to discuss what is the RC1 date for BIRT.  Either we re-label RC0 as RC1, or we need to keep the 2 weeks lag time for BIRT after platform’s RC1.

Wenfeng