Cleaning up orte and openMPI processes: cleanupOmpi.sh

Cleaning up orte and openMPI processes: cleanupOmpi.sh

Beth Tibbitts-2
Here is the script I use... as promised.
I run this before each launch of PTP.

$ cat cleanupOmpi.sh
#!/bin/sh
echo openMPI cleanup for PTP...
echo killing orted processes
killall -9 orted

echo killing ompi_server processes
killall -9 orte_server

echo kill dsm or gdb processes if were debugging
killall -9 sdm gdb

echo Remove any directories starting with openmpi in /tmp
rm -rf /tmp/openmpi*

echo now try launching PTP again.

--
...Beth

Re: Cleaning up orte and openMPI processes: cleanupOmpi.sh

Greg Watson-2
Nathan and I are meeting with the OpenMPI developers next week to see
if we can fix this problem once and for all.

GReg