Code contribution to Eclipse JDT

vanxa ko
Hello,

I'd like to contribute code to the Eclipse JDT project. I saw there are a few "bugday" and "helpwanted" bugs posted on Bugzilla, like bug #424214 - "Generation of equals and hashcode with Java 7 Objects.equals and Objects.hashcode" which seems interesting for me to get started on, and thought I'd like to help out by contributing bug fixes. I've already signed the ECA, downloaded the Eclipse JDT project on my PC and set it up to use the corresponding Gerrit repositories.
Is there something else I should know before I get started?

Thanks,
Ivan Konstantinov

Re: Code contribution to Eclipse JDT

Daniel Megert
Hi Ivan

Thanks for considering to contribute to JDT. I suggest you start by reading https://wiki.eclipse.org/JDT_UI/How_to_Contribute.

If you intend to work on a bug, assign it to yourself. If the bug is already assigned to a person but no work was done in months, then ask whether you can take the bug.

Good luck!
Dani

From:        vanxa ko <[hidden email]>
To:        [hidden email]
Date:        13.09.2016 14:55
Subject:        [jdt-dev] Code contribution to Eclipse JDT
Sent by:        [hidden email]

https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jdt-dev

Re: Code contribution to Eclipse JDT

vanxa ko
Hi Daniel,

thanks for your response. I've already read the How to Contribute page, so I'll just ask if I can take any bugs I'd like to fix.

Regards,
Ivan