Determine CDT version progammatically?

Nathan Ridge
Is there a way I can determine the current CDT version (e.g. 9.3.0) programmatically from within CDT code?

Note, I'm not talking about the version number of an individual plugin (e.g. I see I can get the version number of the org.eclipse.cdt.core plugin via CCorePlugin.getDefault().getBundle().getVersion()); I would like the version number of the entire CDT package, such as 9.3.0.

Thanks,
Nate

Re: Determine CDT version progammatically?

Jonah Graham
Hi Nate,

You can do this with the Platform.getBundleGroupProviders[1]. Internally that is what features are called.

This is someone's blog post that may help too[2].

CDT can be installed without the feature being installed.

HTH
Jonah

On 3 May 2017 04:05, "Nathan Ridge" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a way I can determine the current CDT version (e.g. 9.3.0) programmatically from within CDT code?

Note, I'm not talking about the version number of an individual plugin (e.g. I see I can get the version number of the org.eclipse.cdt.core plugin via CCorePlugin.getDefault().getBundle().getVersion()); I would like the version number of the entire CDT package, such as 9.3.0.

Thanks,
Nate

Re: Determine CDT version progammatically?

Nathan Ridge
Thanks, Jonah, that worked!

Regards,

[1] http://help.eclipse.org/neon/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/core/runtime/Platform.html#getBundleGroupProviders--