Doc: cnav.htm vs ref-27.htm

Mickael Istria-5
Hi crew,

I'm willing to update the documentation for Project Explorer as it's a bit out of date. I see 2 documents involved: cnav.htm and ref-27.htm and they have a very strong overlapping. Could we refactor things so that the cnav.html just links to ref-27.htm? Or is there a more proper way to deal with such doc duplication?

Thanks in advance,
--
Mickael Istria

Re: Doc: cnav.htm vs ref-27.htm

Lars Vogel-2
Refactoring sounds good. Duplication is also bad in documentation.

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 12:03 PM Mickael Istria <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi crew,
>
> I'm willing to update the documentation for Project Explorer as it's a bit out of date. I see 2 documents involved: cnav.htm and ref-27.htm and they have a very strong overlapping. Could we refactor things so that the cnav.html just links to ref-27.htm? Or is there a more proper way to deal with such doc duplication?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> Mickael Istria
> Eclipse IDE developer, for Red Hat Developers

Eclipse Platform project co-lead
CEO vogella GmbH

Haindaalwisch 17a, 22395 Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg: HRB 127058
USt-IdNr.: DE284122352
Fax (040) 5247 6322, Email: [hidden email], Web: http://www.vogella.com

Re: Doc: cnav.htm vs ref-27.htm

Hi Mickael

I would just make sure ref-27.htm is complete and replace links to cnav.htm with ref-27.htm.

Dani

From:        Mickael Istria <[hidden email]>
To:        "Eclipse platform general developers list." <[hidden email]>
Date:        17.01.2020 12:03