Doesn't resolve method parameters in debug mode for java 1.8

Doesn't resolve method parameters in debug mode for java 1.8

Gayan Perera
Hi All,

When i try to debug JDK classes the source parameters names and debug variables doesn't match
image.png

You can see that the containsAll method parameter <c> is not <c> in the variables view. its <arg0>. I have attached the source code to my jdk as well. This happens only in java 1.8, on jdk 9 and above it works as expected.

Br,
Gayan.

Re: Doesn't resolve method parameters in debug mode for java 1.8

Nitin D

This sounds like something that should be in a bug report, with exactly which JDK was involved, down to the build ID and where it came from, but I’m also fairly sure you’re not supposed to have to attach sources for a JDK. It's as though you ran your application with a JRE.

Nitin Dahyabhai