Eclipse 3.2.1 support

Paul.Andrews

Hi,

I found the 2.0.0 beta and had the same problem as Michael Klaebe. I managed to get it kind0of working by replacing the MANIFEST.MF file in the CT plugin directory with this one:

Bundle-Version: 2.0.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Continuous Tester Plug-In
Bundle-SymbolicName: edu.mit.lcs.pag.continuoustester; singleton:=true
Bundle-Vendor: David Saff
Bundle-Activator: edu.mit.lcs.pag.continuoustester.ContinuousTesterPlugin
Bundle-ClassPath: continuoustester.jar,
 lib/jdi.jar,
 lib/jdimodel.jar
Export-Package: edu.mit.lcs.pag.continuoustester,
 edu.mit.lcs.pag.continuoustester.build,
 edu.mit.lcs.pag.continuoustester.compatibility,
 edu.mit.lcs.pag.continuoustester.launch,
 edu.mit.lcs.pag.continuoustester.project
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.resources,
 org.eclipse.core.runtime,
 org.eclipse.jface,
 org.eclipse.ui,
 org.eclipse.jdt.junit;bundle-version="[3.2.0,3.2.1)",
 org.eclipse.jdt.core,
 org.eclipse.jdt.launching,
 org.eclipse.ui.ide,
 org.eclipse.jdt.ui,
 org.eclipse.ui.editors,
 org.eclipse.debug.core,
 org.eclipse.debug.ui,
 org.eclipse.pde.ui;bundle-version="3.2.0",
 org.eclipse.jdt.debug,
 org.eclipse.jdt.junit.runtime;bundle-version="[3.2.0,3.2.1)",
 org.eclipse.core.variables,
 org.eclipse.pde.core
Eclipse-LazyStart: true

Note the JUnit bundle-version dependencies have been fixed at 3.2.0 rather than >= 3.2.0.

However, there the JUnit view doesn't show the tests so you don't get to see what the problem was when a test fails.

David, you asked what features people might want to see from 1.2.1. Well apart from the above I always found the test-reordering very useful. A feature i would like to see added if possible is for the problem report to show the line that the test failed on and double-clicking the report take you to the line rather than just the test method.

Hope you get time to work on it - Could you release it as open-source?

- Paul

P.S. Not sure if I still get email from this list so if you reply could you include me directy? Thanks

Re: Eclipse 3.2.1 support

dsaff
[hidden email] wrote:
> David, you asked what features people might want to see from 1.2.1.
> Well apart from the above I always found the test-reordering very
> useful. A feature i would like to see added if possible is for the
> problem report to show the line that the test failed on and
> double-clicking the report take you to the line rather than just the
> test method.

Thanks for the feedback.

> Hope you get time to work on it - Could you release it as open-source?

It actually is open source, under the Eclipse Public License.  That fact
is hidden away at

http://pag.csail.mit.edu/continuoustesting/download.html

The SVN repository is at

http://svn.csail.mit.edu/continuoustesting/ct-eclipse/

Thanks,

    David Saff

Re: Eclipse 3.2.1 support

Paul Andrews-3
> > Hope you get time to work on it - Could you release it as open-source?
>
> It actually is open source, under the Eclipse Public License.  That fact
> is hidden away at
>
> http://pag.csail.mit.edu/continuoustesting/download.html
>
> The SVN repository is at
>
> http://svn.csail.mit.edu/continuoustesting/ct-eclipse/

OK. I took a quick look (loaded the various projects into Eclipse
3.2.1) It'll probably be quicker to just let you fix it up :). If you
can't find the time to work on it I wouldn't mind trying to but I
would need some advice on how to go about it.

> Thanks,
>
>     David Saff

RE: Eclipse 3.2.1 support

Will.Warren
I may well be convinced to help out too.  My time is limited but I would
love to have this plug-in up and running.

> > Hope you get time to work on it - Could you release it as
open-source?

> It actually is open source, under the Eclipse Public License.  That
fact
> is hidden away at
>
> http://pag.csail.mit.edu/continuoustesting/download.html
>
> The SVN repository is at
>
> http://svn.csail.mit.edu/continuoustesting/ct-eclipse/

OK. I took a quick look (loaded the various projects into Eclipse
3.2.1) It'll probably be quicker to just let you fix it up :). If you
can't find the time to work on it I wouldn't mind trying to but I
would need some advice on how to go about it.

> Thanks,
>
>     David Saff

iscuss

Re: Eclipse 3.2.1 support

Paul Andrews-3
Oh. One more feature-request: Could you make the plugin store its
per-project configuration in the project itself? ATM if I have my
tests in a separate project I have to tell the main project to run th
elaucnh configuration of the test project. If someone else checks
those two projects out of say, subversion, they have to repeat that
configuration step.

Re: Eclipse 3.2.1 support

Paul Andrews-3

Has there been any progress on this? I just tried to look at the
subversion repository and I'm getting some kind of error.

Cheers - Paul

On 11/2/06, Paul Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > Hope you get time to work on it - Could you release it as open-source?
> >
> > It actually is open source, under the Eclipse Public License.  That fact
> > is hidden away at
> >
> > http://pag.csail.mit.edu/continuoustesting/download.html
> >
> > The SVN repository is at
> >
> > http://svn.csail.mit.edu/continuoustesting/ct-eclipse/
>
> OK. I took a quick look (loaded the various projects into Eclipse
> 3.2.1) It'll probably be quicker to just let you fix it up :). If you
> can't find the time to work on it I wouldn't mind trying to but I
> would need some advice on how to go about it.
>

> > Thanks,
> >
> >     David Saff

Re: Eclipse 3.2.1 support

dsaff
Paul,

Sorry, no progress has been made.  It's time for me to ask for some
help.  Anyone out there interested in collaborating on getting this
plug-in back into shape?  Thanks,

   David Saff

On 1/8/07, Paul Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has there been any progress on this? I just tried to look at the
> subversion repository and I'm getting some kind of error.
>
> Cheers - Paul

> > > It actually is open source, under the Eclipse Public License.  That fact
> > > is hidden away at
> > >
> > > http://pag.csail.mit.edu/continuoustesting/download.html
> > >
> > > The SVN repository is at
> > >
> > > http://svn.csail.mit.edu/continuoustesting/ct-eclipse/
> >
> > OK. I took a quick look (loaded the various projects into Eclipse
> > 3.2.1) It'll probably be quicker to just let you fix it up :). If you
> > can't find the time to work on it I wouldn't mind trying to but I
> > would need some advice on how to go about it.
> >

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > >     David Saff

RE: Eclipse 3.2.1 support

Will.Warren
Hey David, I would definitely be interested.

I can work maybe one hour a day on my laptop on the subway ride to work.

Will

Sorry, no progress has been made.  It's time for me to ask for some
help.  Anyone out there interested in collaborating on getting this
plug-in back into shape?  Thanks,

   David Saff

On 1/8/07, Paul Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has there been any progress on this? I just tried to look at the
> subversion repository and I'm getting some kind of error.
>
> Cheers - Paul

> > > It actually is open source, under the Eclipse Public License.
That fact

> > > is hidden away at
> > >
> > > http://pag.csail.mit.edu/continuoustesting/download.html
> > >
> > > The SVN repository is at
> > >
> > > http://svn.csail.mit.edu/continuoustesting/ct-eclipse/
> >
> > OK. I took a quick look (loaded the various projects into Eclipse
> > 3.2.1) It'll probably be quicker to just let you fix it up :). If
you

> > can't find the time to work on it I wouldn't mind trying to but I
> > would need some advice on how to go about it.
> >

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > >     David Saff

iscuss

iscuss

Re: Eclipse 3.2.1 support

Paul Andrews-3
I'm interested. No idea how much time I can devote to it though. I
took a look at the source a while back but had no idea where to start
so I would need some kind of an overview of what's there and how we
should proceed.

On 1/8/07, David Saff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> Sorry, no progress has been made.  It's time for me to ask for some
> help.  Anyone out there interested in collaborating on getting this
> plug-in back into shape?  Thanks,
>
>    David Saff
>
> On 1/8/07, Paul Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has there been any progress on this? I just tried to look at the
> > subversion repository and I'm getting some kind of error.
> >
> > Cheers - Paul

> > > OK. I took a quick look (loaded the various projects into Eclipse
> > > 3.2.1) It'll probably be quicker to just let you fix it up :). If you
> > > can't find the time to work on it I wouldn't mind trying to but I
> > > would need some advice on how to go about it.

Re: Eclipse 3.2.1 support

dsaff
All,

Will, Paul, thank you for your offers.

After further thought, I think that the minimum requirement for a
collaborator would be a commitment to meet with me over Skype for a
set period of two hours a week.  This model has worked well for JUnit,
keeping us moving forward even when busy, and is even more essential
on a project that is currently entirely within my head.  If anyone can
manage that, or has a counter-proposal, I'm anxious to hear from you!
Thanks,

   David Saff

On 1/8/07, Paul Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm interested. No idea how much time I can devote to it though. I
> took a look at the source a while back but had no idea where to start
> so I would need some kind of an overview of what's there and how we
> should proceed.
>
> On 1/8/07, David Saff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Paul,
> >
> > Sorry, no progress has been made.  It's time for me to ask for some
> > help.  Anyone out there interested in collaborating on getting this
> > plug-in back into shape?  Thanks,
> >
> >    David Saff
> >
> > On 1/8/07, Paul Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Has there been any progress on this? I just tried to look at the
> > > subversion repository and I'm getting some kind of error.
> > >
> > > Cheers - Paul

RE: Eclipse 3.2.1 support

Will.Warren
Hey David,

I think I can commit to a two hour skype a week.  Can you give me a
couple of weeks to get up to speed with eclipse plugins as I haven't
written any since VisualAge for Java. :)

Will

After further thought, I think that the minimum requirement for a
collaborator would be a commitment to meet with me over Skype for a
set period of two hours a week.  This model has worked well for JUnit,
keeping us moving forward even when busy, and is even more essential
on a project that is currently entirely within my head.  If anyone can
manage that, or has a counter-proposal, I'm anxious to hear from you!
Thanks,

   David Saff

On 1/8/07, Paul Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm interested. No idea how much time I can devote to it though. I
> took a look at the source a while back but had no idea where to start
> so I would need some kind of an overview of what's there and how we
> should proceed.
>
> On 1/8/07, David Saff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Paul,
> >
> > Sorry, no progress has been made.  It's time for me to ask for some
> > help.  Anyone out there interested in collaborating on getting this
> > plug-in back into shape?  Thanks,
> >
> >    David Saff
> >
> > On 1/8/07, Paul Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Has there been any progress on this? I just tried to look at the
> > > subversion repository and I'm getting some kind of error.
> > >
> > > Cheers - Paul

That fact

Eclipse
If you

iscuss

iscuss

iscuss

iscuss

Re: Eclipse 3.2.1 support

dsaff
Will,

Sound like we could work something out.  Let's take the discussion
off-line.  :-)  Thanks,

   David Saff