Eclipse Committer does not give me advantage

Eclipse Committer does not give me advantage

Ming Cheng

Hi CDT and Eclipse guys

Today I tried to used Eclipse Committer for everything I want to do including generating UMLet Eclipse plugin. Within UMLet package, there is a module called umlet-elements. Originally it does not need to access CDT function. Attached pom.xml is from UMLet GitHub site.

Now I need to change umlet-element to access CDT function(s).

Although I have all CDT code within the Committer, but maybe bcos I did not set correctly, now the compilation complains:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.0:compile (default-compile) on project umlet-elements: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:

[ERROR] C:\Users\mcheng\FlexTrade\autoplugin\qfixsoden_old\umlet-elements\src\main\java\com\baselet\element\interfaces\GridElement.java:[15,36] package org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom.ast does not exist

[ERROR] C:\Users\mcheng\FlexTrade\autoplugin\qfixsoden_old\umlet-elements\src\main\java\com\baselet\element\interfaces\GridElement.java:[88,9] cannot find symbol

[ERROR]   symbol:   class IASTNode

[ERROR]   location: interface com.baselet.element.interfaces.GridElement

If I used my ugly way to modify pom.xml to be pom.CDT.xml, and at the same time by adding the need jar file into my local maven repository, then the Committer is happy.

Please guide how to make the whole thing elegant.

Thanks.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

pom.xml (3K) Download Attachment
pom.CDT.xml (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Eclipse Committer does not give me advantage

Ming Cheng
Hi All,

Hope everyone had a good break and also a happy new year ahead.
Keen to hearing your guide/comments on below information.

Warm Regards.

Re: Eclipse Committer does not give me advantage

Jonah Graham
IIRC umlet does connect to JDT already, so find how that was done in the code and do the same for CDT. One possible difference is that JDT publishes its bundles to Maven central as artifacts and CDT does not. I would be willing to accept patch(es) that add such ability, however I am unable to provide any direction on how to achieve this. Trawling through the archives may help you.

Kichwa Coders
www.kichwacoders.com