EclipseLink: Inheritance with mongoDB as persistence layer

EclipseLink: Inheritance with mongoDB as persistence layer

ZINDEL, Andreas A

Dear all,

I tried to use eclipselink with a MongoDB as a persistence layer. The initial tests where successful so I assume that my configuration is correct and the database is available.

For the next test I tried to persist objects of a class that inherits from a parent class which throws an exception when I try to get a list of all elements in the database through:

List<ExtendedClass> extendedClassList = em.createQuery("SELECT a FROM ExtendedClass a", ExtendedClass.class).getResultList();

The exception reads:

javax.resource.ResourceException: org.bson.codecs.configuration.CodecConfigurationException: Can't find a codec for class org.eclipse.persistence.internal.helper.DatabaseField.

I’ve opened a StackOverflow question describing what I’m trying to do and the error message in more detail.

The post can be found here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50929126/eclipselink-inheritance-with-mongodb-as-persistence-layer

Does anyone know if this is a configuration error on my side, a bug in eclipselink or an issue with mongoDB?

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.