Quantcast

Enabling debugging using LLDB

Benjamin Kemper
Hi,

I would to try and contribute by working on enabling the LLDB debugger.

I was interested if there is anyone who can give me some pointers on how to start, maybe people who work on the GDB integration.

Thanks,
Benjamin.

Re: Enabling debugging using LLDB

Marc-Andre Laperle-3
Hello Benjamin,

I think you could start by looking at these plugins:
org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb
org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.ui

They provide the GDB integration by using the DSF framework. I don't know if it's the best way to start but when I started looking at integrating CDB, I started by extending the org.eclipse.debug.core.launchDelegates extension point. Then org.eclipse.debug.ui.launchConfigurationTabs to get the main tab, etc. Good luck!

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_started_with_CDT_development
http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fdsf%2Fintro%2Fdsf_programming_intro.html

Marc-Andre

On 12/27/2012 7:03 AM, Benjamin Kemper wrote:
Hi,

I would to try and contribute by working on enabling the LLDB debugger.

I was interested if there is anyone who can give me some pointers on how to start, maybe people who work on the GDB integration.

Thanks,
Benjamin.

Re: Enabling debugging using LLDB

JRHeisey
I was wondering whether any code has been checked into SVN.
Specifically I'd like to know how eclipse calls into LLDB.
May I presume a Java wrapper into the LLDB API is being used rather than the GDB MI text commands.

Thanks,
J.R. Heisey