Excel Format - Image not displaying

Shomy Jose (ECS), HCL-Industry Solutions
Hi,

I am trying to generate a Excel report with an image.
But the image is not there in the generated report.

I have created rptdesign file with an image in it.
Then I wrote a java program using report engine APIs to generate excel report in the specified report.
Report is gettinng generated in excel format. But still the imga is not there.

I am using BIRT 2.2.0 version which is supporting excel format.

I am attaching my code which is used for report generation

import java.util.HashMap;
import java.util.logging.Level;

import org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform;
import org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineConfig;
import org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.IReportEngine;
import org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException;
import org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.HTMLActionHandler;
import org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineConstants;

import org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.RenderOption;
import org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.HTMLRenderOption;
import org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.HTMLServerImageHandler;
import org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.IReportRunnable;
import org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.IRunAndRenderTask;
import org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.IReportEngineFactory;

public class Example {

 public Example() {
  System.out.println("-------------Inside constructor");
 }

  System.out.println("-------------Inside main method");
  Example reportRunner = new Example();
  reportRunner.runReport();
 }

 private void runReport() {
  System.out.println("Inside Report Generation");
  IReportEngine engine = null;
  IRunAndRenderTask task = null;

  try {
   EngineConfig config = new EngineConfig();
   IReportRunnable design = null;

   config.setEngineHome("D:/ProgramFiles/birt/birt-runtime-2_2_0/ReportEngine");
   config.setLogConfig("D:/ProgramFiles/birt/log", Level.ALL);

   Platform.startup( config );
   IReportEngineFactory factory = (IReportEngineFactory) Platform
     .createFactoryObject( IReportEngineFactory.EXTENSION_REPORT_ENGINE_FACTORY );
   System.out.println(" ---FACTORY CREATED");

   engine = factory.createReportEngine( config );
   System.out.println(" ---REPORT ENGINE CREATED");
   engine.changeLogLevel( Level.WARNING );

   //Open the report design
   design = engine.openReportDesign("D:/Workarea/Report-workspace/MyReport/ExampleScript.rptdesign");
   System.out.println(" ------------ DESIGN CREATED");

   //Create task to run and render the report,
   task = engine.createRunAndRenderTask(design);
   System.out.println(" ------------ TASK CREATED");

            HTMLRenderOption options = new HTMLRenderOption();

   //Set ouptut location
   options.setOutputFileName("D:/ProgramFiles/birt/output/ExampleSciptExcel.xls");

   //Set output format
   options.setOutputFormat("xls");
   //options.setEmitterID("xls");
   task.setRenderOption(options);

   //run the report and destroy the engine
   task.run();

   System.out.println(" ------------ TASK RUNNING");

  }
  catch( Exception exception){
   exception.printStackTrace();
  }
  finally {
   task.close();
   engine.shutdown();
   Platform.shutdown();
  }
  System.out.println("Finished");
 }
}

Could anybody help me in solving this problem.

Regards,
Shomy

DISCLAIMER:

Re: Excel Format - Image not displaying

symphony
I am also facing same issue .Did u get any solution?

Shomy Jose (ECS), HCL-Industry Solutions wrote
[...]

indu20012
Hi,
   did u find any solution of this issuee. i am using BIRT 2.3.2 Version.

symphony wrote