Extract Method Question

Irum Godil
Hi,
In the Eclipse Extract MethodRefactoring, I would like to understand what are the following variables and when and how are they used:

1) In package org.eclipse.jdt.internal.corext.refactoring.code.flow, what are the variables: FlowInfo.READ_POTENTIAL and  FlowInfo.WRITE_POTENTIAL? When would a variable be a readpotential or write potential?

2) In ExtractMethodAnalyzer class, what are the following variables used for:
private IVariableBinding[] fCallerLocals;
 private IVariableBinding fReturnLocal;

Also, how are these different from fReturnValue, fMethodLocals?

3) For ExtractMethodAnalyzer, I do not understand what does the API:
private void adjustArgumentsAndMethodLocals()  do?

I will really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks a lot,
Sincerely,
Irum Godil.