Freezing master till Monday Oct 21 - switching master to maven

Freezing master till Monday Oct 21 - switching master to maven

Lukas Jungmann
Hi,

    I'd like to ask all committers to not merge anything to master from
now till Monday Oct 21 or till PR #381[1] gets merged - whatever comes
first.

    We've completed work on PR[1] which migrates EclipseLink build from
the ant/Tycho mix to pure maven and we would like to avoid rebasing it
as the change itself touches >20k files.

    The PR[1] itself consists of three commits:
1) maven files, migration related scripts
2) the switch itself
3) clean up

    How the build is supposed to work after the switch is documented at
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/wiki/Building-EclipseLink#mvnbuild

    We kindly ask all committers to spend some time on trying this out
and/or reviewing this PR. Should there be at least 3 approvals and no
requests for changes in the PR by Friday Oct 18, we'll merge the change
to master on Friday.

    Note: We are not planning to make the same change in any other branches.

Thanks,
--lukas

[1]: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/pull/381

Master is open (was: Re: Freezing master till Monday Oct 21 - switching master to maven)

Lukas Jungmann
Hi,

    since there were no objections, I went ahead and merged PR #381 to
master.

    The build in master is now based on maven, updated build
instructions are available at
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/wiki/Building-EclipseLink#mvnbuild

   Should you have any issues, let us know either here or go ahead and
file a bug at: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/issues

Enjoy!

thanks,
--lukas

On 10/16/19 12:08 AM, Lukas Jungmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I'd like to ask all committers to not merge anything to master from
> now till Monday Oct 21 or till PR #381[1] gets merged - whatever comes
> first.
>
>     We've completed work on PR[1] which migrates EclipseLink build from
> the ant/Tycho mix to pure maven and we would like to avoid rebasing it
> as the change itself touches >20k files.
>
>     The PR[1] itself consists of three commits:
> 1) maven files, migration related scripts
> 2) the switch itself
> 3) clean up
>
>     How the build is supposed to work after the switch is documented at
> https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/wiki/Building-EclipseLink#mvnbuild
>

>     We kindly ask all committers to spend some time on trying this out
> and/or reviewing this PR. Should there be at least 3 approvals and no
> requests for changes in the PR by Friday Oct 18, we'll merge the change
> to master on Friday.
>
>     Note: We are not planning to make the same change in any other
> branches.
>
> Thanks,
> --lukas
>
> [1]: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/pull/381

Re: Master is open (was: Re: Freezing master till Monday Oct 21 - switching master to maven)

Jody Grassel
Sounds good!  I'm fixing to update ASM to 7.2 sometime soon (cleared IP hurdles).  There anything I should know about the new maven setup that affects updating ASM?

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 2:44 PM Lukas Jungmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

    since there were no objections, I went ahead and merged PR #381 to
master.

    The build in master is now based on maven, updated build
instructions are available at
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/wiki/Building-EclipseLink#mvnbuild

   Should you have any issues, let us know either here or go ahead and
file a bug at: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/issues

Enjoy!

thanks,
--lukas

On 10/16/19 12:08 AM, Lukas Jungmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I'd like to ask all committers to not merge anything to master from
> now till Monday Oct 21 or till PR #381[1] gets merged - whatever comes
> first.
>
>     We've completed work on PR[1] which migrates EclipseLink build from
> the ant/Tycho mix to pure maven and we would like to avoid rebasing it
> as the change itself touches >20k files.
>
>     The PR[1] itself consists of three commits:
> 1) maven files, migration related scripts
> 2) the switch itself
> 3) clean up
>
>     How the build is supposed to work after the switch is documented at
> https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/wiki/Building-EclipseLink#mvnbuild
>

>     We kindly ask all committers to spend some time on trying this out
> and/or reviewing this PR. Should there be at least 3 approvals and no
> requests for changes in the PR by Friday Oct 18, we'll merge the change
> to master on Friday.
>
>     Note: We are not planning to make the same change in any other
> branches.
>
> Thanks,
> --lukas
>
> [1]: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/pull/381

Re: Master is open

Lukas Jungmann
On 11/4/19 5:25 PM, Jody Grassel wrote:
> Sounds good!  I'm fixing to update ASM to 7.2 sometime soon (cleared IP
> hurdles).  There anything I should know about the new maven setup that
> affects updating ASM?

For master, it should be just about updating version number in one
property in a pom, nothing else.

--lukas

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 2:44 PM Lukas Jungmann
>
>     Hi,
>
>          since there were no objections, I went ahead and merged PR #381 to
>     master.
>
>          The build in master is now based on maven, updated build
>     instructions are available at
>     https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/wiki/Building-EclipseLink#mvnbuild
>
>         Should you have any issues, let us know either here or go ahead and
>     file a bug at: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/issues
>
>     Enjoy!
>
>     thanks,
>     --lukas
>
>     On 10/16/19 12:08 AM, Lukas Jungmann wrote:
>      > Hi,
>      >
>      >     I'd like to ask all committers to not merge anything to
>     master from
>      > now till Monday Oct 21 or till PR #381[1] gets merged - whatever
>     comes
>      > first.
>      >
>      >     We've completed work on PR[1] which migrates EclipseLink
>     build from
>      > the ant/Tycho mix to pure maven and we would like to avoid
>     rebasing it
>      > as the change itself touches >20k files.
>      >
>      >     The PR[1] itself consists of three commits:
>      > 1) maven files, migration related scripts
>      > 2) the switch itself
>      > 3) clean up
>      >
>      >     How the build is supposed to work after the switch is
>     documented at
>      >
>     https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/wiki/Building-EclipseLink#mvnbuild
>
>      >
>      >
>      >     We kindly ask all committers to spend some time on trying
>     this out
>      > and/or reviewing this PR. Should there be at least 3 approvals
>     and no
>      > requests for changes in the PR by Friday Oct 18, we'll merge the
>     change
>      > to master on Friday.
>      >
>      >     Note: We are not planning to make the same change in any other
>      > branches.
>      >
>      > Thanks,
>      > --lukas
>      >
>      > [1]: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/pull/381
>      > eclipselink-dev mailing list
>      > To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or
>     unsubscribe
>      > from this list, visit
>      > https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/eclipselink-dev

Re: Master is open