[Fwd: Proposal For EclipseCon Talks]

portal on behalf of Scott Rosenbaum
BIRT PMC,

I will be out of the office next week, I am taking vacation time with the family.  I am still on vacation the following week and will try to call in on Monday, but I am unsure of how my voice connectivity will be.  If there is something that is critical, could we defer the call to Tuesday?

The only issue that I have in front of me is the EclipseCon talks.  There are no immediate actions required by our PMC, but there are some issues that we should be aware of.  The original proposal was for BIRT to have three Tutorial presentations of a half day each.  Since then the other EclipseCon volunteers have decided to modify the Tutorial presentations into either
 - Very Long Talks (VLT) which are two hours with no formal user interaction.
 - Hands On Workshops (HOW) which are three hours with  an expectation for user  interaction.

Wenfeng has all ready voted in favor of this format, and I think that it is a good way to go.

I would propose that we convert our three tutorials into the following combination of VLT and HOW presentations.

Hard Core BIRT  Track (3 VLT)
Audience: Developers and Integrators
BIRT Script (two hours)
BIRT Integration (two hours)
BIRT Extension (two hours)

Developing Reports with BIRT (1 HOW)
Audience: Business Analysts and Report Developers interested in an introduction to BIRT
Three hours tutorial with hands on demos on the use of BIRT

Does this seem like a reasonable use of our allocated time for the tutorial presentations?

In terms of the other EclipseCon presentations, we have been allocated:
5 Long talks (1 hour)
6 Short talks (ten minutes)
1 Panel / Demo
2 Demo

I have still not formulated a plan for the best way to create quality content to fill these time slots.  Obviously we would like to get as much help from our community as possible, but it seems like we should try to have a plan so that we can coverage over lots of different aspects of BIRT.  If anyone has ideas, let me know.

Scott

RE: [Fwd: Proposal For EclipseCon Talks]

Paul Clenahan
Scott,

Nothing critical coming up, so let's just stay on the current schedule.

Paul.