Fwd: Zoom for other calls?

nboldt
FYI for the next WTP dev call.

Cheers,

Nick
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew Ward <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 10:28 AM
Subject: Re: Zoom for other calls?
To: Mélanie Bats <[hidden email]>
Cc: Nick Boldt <[hidden email]>, Wayne Beaton <[hidden email]>

The main difference between how we've deployed Zoom and our previous Asterisk based solution is that we are not creating per-project accounts or dial in numbers.

We create an account for each pmc and it's up to that pmc to coordinate the usage of their bridge(for lack of a better term) with the projects they supervise.

If there is a pmc without an account let me know, and I'll get that fixed.

-Matt.

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 7:45 AM, Mélanie Bats <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nick,

Le 07/02/2018 à 19:06, Nick Boldt a écrit :
Thanks for running today's call -- and for the experience of using Zoom for the first time. I've only ever joined these Planning Council calls on the phone in the past and being able to see who's talking, plus do screen sharing, makes it so much more productive, effective & engaging.

Question: can I use zoom for the Web Tools Dev meetings? We still do it old-school with just a phone, and reading out BZ numbers is painful / prone to error, when we could just share a screen and people could see BZs or the Eclipse wiki where we have the agenda & links to discussion topics.

Is the zoom service something provided to other Eclipse projects, or is it just for council/board meetings?

I think that you could use zoom also for your Web Tools Dev meetings, I add Wayne and Matt in cc in order that they create for you a zoom account to create a recurring meeting.

Best regards,
--
Mélanie Bats
CTO

*Obeo*
25 Boulevard Victor Hugo - Colomiers - France
http://www.obeo.fr

--

Nick Boldt

Senior Software Engineer, RHCSA

IM: @nickboldt / @nboldt / http://nick.divbyzero.com

“The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change” - Heraclitus