Quantcast

Getting Started With Gerrit & Eclipse CDT

Getting Started With Gerrit & Eclipse CDT

Tracy Miranda-3
Hi all,

One of our work-experience students has spent the last few weeks getting to grips with contributing to CDT and wrote up his experiences:

Thought this might be a useful starting point for anyone who'd like to take the plunge into contributing to CDT.

Tracy

Re: Getting Started With Gerrit & Eclipse CDT

Vincent GUIGNOT

Exactly what's I've to do to explain to my co-worker how to contribute on CDT !!

Thanks Tracy.

Le 03/05/2017 à 14:14, Tracy Miranda a écrit :
Hi all,

One of our work-experience students has spent the last few weeks getting to grips with contributing to CDT and wrote up his experiences:

Thought this might be a useful starting point for anyone who'd like to take the plunge into contributing to CDT.

Tracy

This email and its content belong to Ingenico Group. The enclosed information is confidential and may not be disclosed to any unauthorized person. If you have received it by mistake do not forward it and delete it from your system. Cet email et son contenu sont la propriété du Groupe Ingenico. L’information qu’il contient est confidentielle et ne peut être communiquée à des personnes non autorisées. Si vous l’avez reçu par erreur ne le transférez pas et supprimez-le.

Re: Getting Started With Gerrit & Eclipse CDT

Marc-André Laperle
Does this mean the current page is not good?
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_started_with_CDT_development
Feel free to update it, anyone with an Eclipse account can update it (after first edit approval).

Marc-André

One of our work-experience students has spent the last few weeks getting to grips with contributing to CDT and wrote up his experiences:

Thought this might be a useful starting point for anyone who'd like to take the plunge into contributing to CDT.

Tracy

Re: Getting Started With Gerrit & Eclipse CDT

Tracy Miranda-3
No, it does not mean that at all.

The DRY principle does not apply to promoting contributions to open source projects :-)

It is good to have the same sort of this type of information repeated from different perspectives & formats, and blog posts are particularly good for point-in-time snapshots of individual experiences, complete with personal opinions of what is easy/hard/fun/messy.

Tracy

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Marc-André Laperle <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does this mean the current page is not good?
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_started_with_CDT_development
Feel free to update it, anyone with an Eclipse account can update it (after first edit approval).

Marc-André

One of our work-experience students has spent the last few weeks getting to grips with contributing to CDT and wrote up his experiences:

Thought this might be a useful starting point for anyone who'd like to take the plunge into contributing to CDT.

Tracy

Re: Getting Started With Gerrit & Eclipse CDT

Marc-André Laperle

I see! For sure promoting contributions is very good. Thanks a lot for this!

Marc-André

One of our work-experience students has spent the last few weeks getting to grips with contributing to CDT and wrote up his experiences:

Thought this might be a useful starting point for anyone who'd like to take the plunge into contributing to CDT.

Tracy

Re: Getting Started With Gerrit & Eclipse CDT

Doug Schaefer-3
+1. This somewhat relates to the web site. I don’t think the information on the Wiki is that easy to navigate. Would be great to have a blog roll type thing on the CDT site so we can bring together all the articles people are writing about the CDT and our community.

Thanks!
Doug

From: <[hidden email]> on behalf of Marc-André Laperle <[hidden email]>
Date: Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 9:27 AM