Quantcast

History Policy: strange behavior on update/delete events

History Policy: strange behavior on update/delete events

Ivá Conte
Hello,

I'm trying to use Eclipselink History Policy according to the following example:https://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/JPA/History

However, in my case the updates/deletes are not being saved as expected, id field is saved as null as follows:

1)insertion

EMP_ID  FIRSTNAME   LASTNAME  SALARY ADDRESS_ID  START_DATE        END_DATE
  1       Bob        Way      55000   6          2010-06-10-12:00   null

2) update

EMP_ID  FIRSTNAME LASTNAME SALARY   ADDRESS_ID  START_DATE       END_DATE
 1      Bob       Way      55000    6          2010-06-10-12:00   2010-06-10-12:03
 null   Bob       Way      50000    6          2010-06-10-12:03   null

3) deletion : nothing happens

I've used mysql and postgresql to perform this tests. My history table is not using any constraints or identity fields. Is this the right behavior of history feature? Is there something else to configure?

Regards,

Iva Conte