Hosting a CDT editor in a different view

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hosting a CDT editor in a different view

jlangley

Hi,

I am trying to determine the difficulty of hosting a CDT editor inside  
of the "Code Snippet" view of Papyrus-RT. Search this page for "Code  
Snippet" to see a screenshot of the existing view:  
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus-RT/User/User_Guide/Getting_Started

My initial thought is to load data from the UML structure into the  
Index and see what happens.

Has anyone tried something like this before?

Thanks!
-J. Langley

_______________________________________________
cdt-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hosting a CDT editor in a different view

Doug Schaefer-3
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On
> Behalf Of [hidden email]
> Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:49 PM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [cdt-dev] Hosting a CDT editor in a different view
>
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to determine the difficulty of hosting a CDT editor inside of the
> "Code Snippet" view of Papyrus-RT. Search this page for "Code Snippet" to see a
> screenshot of the existing view:
> https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus-RT/User/User_Guide/Getting_Started
>
> My initial thought is to load data from the UML structure into the Index and see
> what happens.

Not sure about hosting the editor widget in a view. My team in the early days of CDT had thoughts of that from our roots in the Rational Rose RealTime team (and obviously Papyrus-RT has its roots there), but never really got that far.

We do have experience adding data to the index. Check the cdt.qt.core and ui plug-ins. Andrew Eidsness did that work while on contract for us but not sure if he's floating around here ;).

> Has anyone tried something like this before?
>
> Thanks!
> -J. Langley
>
> _______________________________________________
> cdt-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from
> this list, visit https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-dev
_______________________________________________
cdt-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hosting a CDT editor in a different view

jlangley

I think I'll start by creating an extension point for a  
ReadOnlyIndexFragmentProvider and inject some names from a model to  
see what happens.

https://help.eclipse.org/neon/topic/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.isv/reference/extension-points/org_eclipse_cdt_core_CIndex.html

Quoting Doug Schaefer <[hidden email]>:

>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On
>> Behalf Of [hidden email]
>> Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:49 PM
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: [cdt-dev] Hosting a CDT editor in a different view
>>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to determine the difficulty of hosting a CDT editor  
>> inside of the
>> "Code Snippet" view of Papyrus-RT. Search this page for "Code  
>> Snippet" to see a
>> screenshot of the existing view:
>> https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus-RT/User/User_Guide/Getting_Started
>>
>> My initial thought is to load data from the UML structure into the  
>> Index and see
>> what happens.
>
> Not sure about hosting the editor widget in a view. My team in the  
> early days of CDT had thoughts of that from our roots in the  
> Rational Rose RealTime team (and obviously Papyrus-RT has its roots  
> there), but never really got that far.
>
> We do have experience adding data to the index. Check the  
> cdt.qt.core and ui plug-ins. Andrew Eidsness did that work while on  
> contract for us but not sure if he's floating around here ;).
>
>> Has anyone tried something like this before?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> -J. Langley
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> cdt-dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from
>> this list, visit https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-dev
> _______________________________________________
> cdt-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or  
> unsubscribe from this list, visit
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-dev



_______________________________________________
cdt-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-dev