Quantcast

How to see console output on hudson?

Leo Ufimtsev-2
Hello,

I'd like to see the stdin/stdout logs on hudson.

eg: https://hudson.eclipse.org/platform/job/eclipse.platform.swt-Gerrit/3714/

How do I get to them?

(I'm aware that crash dumps are located in: workspace/...tests/hs_..log)

Thank you.

--
Leo Ufimtsev
Software Engineer, Eclipse team.

Red Hat, Inc.
[hidden email] | http://DeveloperBlog.RedHat.com/

Re: [platform-ui-dev] How to see console output on hudson?

Leo Ufimtsev-2
I observed that stderr is captured by hudson.
However, I just noticed that stdout (System.out.prinln(..)) is printed to hudson console. I missed this earlier.
This is suitable for investigation.

Thank you.

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Leo Ufimtsev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

The console link doesn't seem to show stdin/stderr outputs. It seems hudson is absorbing them.
I"m looking specifically for stdout/stderr output rather than the maven output. Is it produced?

How do I diagonse errors that only occur on hudson?

Leo

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Lars Vogel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Leo,

I think you can click on the Console link. This lead you here:

Best regards, Lars

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Leo Ufimtsev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to see the stdin/stdout logs on hudson.

eg: https://hudson.eclipse.org/platform/job/eclipse.platform.swt-Gerrit/3714/

How do I get to them?

(I'm aware that crash dumps are located in: workspace/...tests/hs_..log)

Thank you.

--
Leo Ufimtsev
Software Engineer, Eclipse team.