Quantcast

Installing new software with p2 is taking a long time.

Installing new software with p2 is taking a long time.

Thomas Watson

I am unsure what has changed, but it appears the latest Eclipse I-builds have some combination of bundles that make committing a provisioning operation in p2 slow.  Anyone else observe this?

Tom

Re: Installing new software with p2 is taking a long time.

Duft Markus

Hey,

Yes, I also observed this. It seems that any provisioning operation takes (feels like) up to 10 times as long. I started using Eclipse Installer and experimented with Oomph APIs starting with Oxygen, so I thought that it must be something within Oomph, but also updates of the IDE later take long. Again, I thought it might be Oomph, but now that you say it... ;)

Cheers,

Markus