Internal mirror of eclipse.org

Benjamin Schwertfeger
Hello,
I am not sure if this mailing list is the right one, or I should comment a Bug.
As noted on http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/mir_request.php, it should be possible to mirror eclipse internal for you network. Is there any documentation how this should be done to avoid external servers?

I added a "local" rsync copy in my eclipse and observed the following:
1. The epp-Repository in the composite repository points to the absolute URI at download.eclipse.org, where the contents are downloaded.
2. While downloading the artifacts, it seems like eclipse contacts the mirrors of download.eclipse.org, because they are downloaded from some of them and never from the internal mirror.

Thanks,
Benjamin

Re: Internal mirror of eclipse.org

Denis Roy
Hi,

Internal mirrors of p2 repository content are tricky, since our repositories are configured to look for "download.eclipse.org"

You can read this post from David Williams, which provides some insight:
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse-mirrors/msg00696.html

Me, I'd look into hacking your DNS entries so that "download.eclipse.org" refers to your local IP, and rewrite URLs as required.  But that may not be as elegant.

Denis