Java 15?

Liviu Ionescu-2
I tried to start Eclipse Embedded CDT, which is based on CDT, with Java 15 on the Raspberry Pi, but during startup I got a message box with:

An internal error occurred during: "Load QML Analyzer".
Cannot invoke "javax.script.ScriptEngine.getContext()" because "this.engine" is null

I have no idea what 'QML Analyzer" is, and why it does not like Java 15. Exactly the same binary started properly with Java 11 and Java 14, in the same environment.

Did anyone try CDT with Java 15?

Regards,

Liviu

Re: Java 15?

Aleksandar Kurtakov
JS interpreter(Nashhorn) has been removed in Java 15 thus the error. I don't know why/how/where it's used but it's to be expected.

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 4:00 PM Liviu Ionescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
I tried to start Eclipse Embedded CDT, which is based on CDT, with Java 15 on the Raspberry Pi, but during startup I got a message box with:

An internal error occurred during: "Load QML Analyzer".
Cannot invoke "javax.script.ScriptEngine.getContext()" because "this.engine" is null

I have no idea what 'QML Analyzer" is, and why it does not like Java 15. Exactly the same binary started properly with Java 11 and Java 14, in the same environment.

Did anyone try CDT with Java 15?

Regards,

Liviu

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse Team

Re: Java 15?

Liviu Ionescu-2

> On 18 Sep 2020, at 16:04, Aleksandar Kurtakov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> JS interpreter(Nashhorn) has been removed in Java 15 thus the error. I don't know why/how/where it's used but it's to be expected.

Thank you Alexander, for the explanation.

Perhaps the list of plug-ins included in CDT needs some checking/updating.

Alternately I can remove the offending feature from the Embedded CDT package, if we can identify it, and does not have other side-effects.

For my test, Java 15 provided some improved performance during startup, so it would be great to be able to use it.

Regards,

Liviu

Re: Java 15?

Jonah Graham
QML is Qt related, so I recommend removing the Qt plug-ins.

I'll try to reproduce and see what can be done, see Bug 567124

Kichwa Coders
www.kichwacoders.com