Linux: Eclipse Internal web browser does not show html5 contents

Linux: Eclipse Internal web browser does not show html5 contents

Kapil Thombare

I have a html page which uses the html5 canvas. When I open this page in Eclipse 4.5.2 on Windows and Mac OS Internal Web Browser it shows me the canvas and other things defined correctly. However when I tried the same on Linux (Eclipse 4.5.2) the internal web browser showed me all other contents except for the html5 canvas. Please could you help me understand why the Linux variant of Eclipse does not show html5 contents in the internal web browser. What am I missing?

Thank you.

Kapil

Re: Linux: Eclipse Internal web browser does not show html5 contents

Aleksandar Kurtakov
I am missing the link to the page to try it out. Please send it.

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 9:15 AM, Kapil Thombare <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have a html page which uses the html5 canvas. When I open this page in Eclipse 4.5.2 on Windows and Mac OS Internal Web Browser it shows me the canvas and other things defined correctly. However when I tried the same on Linux (Eclipse 4.5.2) the internal web browser showed me all other contents except for the html5 canvas. Please could you help me understand why the Linux variant of Eclipse does not show html5 contents in the internal web browser. What am I missing?

Thank you.

Kapil

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse Team

Re: Linux: Eclipse Internal web browser does not show html5 contents

Leo Ufimtsev-2

Adding swt mailing list.

I'm also curious if this was on webkit1 or webkit2. If you could provide example page/snippet, we could investigate.

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 2:15 AM, Kapil Thombare <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have a html page which uses the html5 canvas. When I open this page in Eclipse 4.5.2 on Windows and Mac OS Internal Web Browser it shows me the canvas and other things defined correctly. However when I tried the same on Linux (Eclipse 4.5.2) the internal web browser showed me all other contents except for the html5 canvas. Please could you help me understand why the Linux variant of Eclipse does not show html5 contents in the internal web browser. What am I missing?

Thank you.

Kapil

Leo Ufimtsev

Software Engineer

Red Hat

90 Eglinton Ave E #502,

Toronto, ON M4P 2Y3

Re: Linux: Eclipse Internal web browser does not show html5 contents

Kapil Thombare

The problem was with xulrunner version. I used the xulrunner version 24 and specified the following arguments in the vm arguments tab of the run launch configuration and it worked!

-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType="mozilla" -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath="pathToXulRunner"

OR you can do that same by setting the System property through your java code

System.setProperty("org.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath", "pathToXulRunner"); and then use the SWT.MOZILLA flag to create browser

eg Browser b = new Browser(parent, SWT.MOZILLA);

to see this problem you can try any html page which uses canvas eg  http://www.tutorialrepublic.com/codelab.php?topic=html5&file=draw-a-circle-onto-the-canvas

Cheers

-Kapil

I have a html page which uses the html5 canvas. When I open this page in Eclipse 4.5.2 on Windows and Mac OS Internal Web Browser it shows me the canvas and other things defined correctly. However when I tried the same on Linux (Eclipse 4.5.2) the internal web browser showed me all other contents except for the html5 canvas. Please could you help me understand why the Linux variant of Eclipse does not show html5 contents in the internal web browser. What am I missing?

Thank you.

Kapil

Re: Linux: Eclipse Internal web browser does not show html5 contents

Leo Ufimtsev-2
Btw, works well on Webkit1 and Webkit2:
Inline image 1

Newer versions of Eclipse use Webkit1/Webkit2. So I expect no issues with html5 in future updates.

Thank you for posting. Let me know if there's still something that's not resolved.

Thank you.

Hi,