Maven artifacts for BIRT Runtime 4.7

Zorawar S.B.
Hi,

Is there a maven repository from which one can get BIRT runtime 4.7 snapshots?

Regards,
Zorawar

Re: Maven artifacts for BIRT Runtime 4.7

Marco Bartolini

Hi Zorawar,

never heard of a Maven repository with BIRT published on,  I usually build from scratches and in your case the only branch with 4.7.0 that I found was master

<birt.version>4.7.0</birt.version>

I was hoping to find an Oxygen repo in here https://github.com/eclipse/birt/branches/all but I couldn’t, I’m building the 4.6.0 from https://github.com/eclipse/birt/tree/4.6.1RC4 I just don’t remember if https://github.com/eclipse/birt/tree/Neon is outputting a 4.7.0, give it a shot

Marco Bartolini

Software Engineer III
marco.bartolini.workday (Skype)
[hidden email]

We’re Hiring! Find out more here

 Thank you for considering the environmental impact in your daily choices.

Re: [EXTERNAL] - Maven artifacts for BIRT Runtime 4.7

Ben Gamble-2

In progress.  I hope to get it done this week.

Ben Gamble // Release Engineer // [hidden email]

Is there a maven repository from which one can get BIRT runtime 4.7 snapshots?

Regards,

Zorawar

Re: Maven artifacts for BIRT Runtime 4.7

Ben Gamble-2

Well, Oxygen was just released, so it’s basically master, though I haven’t double-checked that there haven’t been new commits.  If not a branch, though, you definitely deserve a tag, so I’ll get that on there ASAP.

Ben Gamble // Release Engineer // [hidden email]

never heard of a Maven repository with BIRT published on,  I usually build from scratches and in your case the only branch with 4.7.0 that I found was master

<birt.version>4.7.0</birt.version>

I was hoping to find an Oxygen repo in here https://github.com/eclipse/birt/branches/all but I couldn’t, I’m building the 4.6.0 from https://github.com/eclipse/birt/tree/4.6.1RC4 I just don’t remember if https://github.com/eclipse/birt/tree/Neon is outputting a 4.7.0, give it a shot

Marco Bartolini

Software Engineer III
marco.bartolini.workday (Skype)
[hidden email]

We’re Hiring! Find out more here

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender. Thank you for considering the environmental impact in your daily choices.

Re: [EXTERNAL] - Maven artifacts for BIRT Runtime 4.7

Zorawar S.B.
Will it be fixed for 4.7.0?

Thanks again.
Zorawar

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Ben Gamble <[hidden email]> wrote:

In progress.  I hope to get it done this week.

Ben Gamble // Release Engineer // [hidden email]

Is there a maven repository from which one can get BIRT runtime 4.7 snapshots?

Regards,

Zorawar

Re: [EXTERNAL] - Maven artifacts for BIRT Runtime 4.7

Ben Gamble-2

The maven runtime has been a rich source of irritating bugs for several releases now and I have my eye on all of them for 4.7.0.

n  Ben

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Ben Gamble <[hidden email]> wrote:

In progress.  I hope to get it done this week.

Ben Gamble // Release Engineer // [hidden email]

Is there a maven repository from which one can get BIRT runtime 4.7 snapshots?

Regards,

Zorawar

Re: Maven artifacts for BIRT Runtime 4.7

Ben Gamble-2

Counting objects: 1, done.

Writing objects: 100% (1/1), 185 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.

Total 1 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)

To ssh://[hidden email]/eclipse/birt

* [new tag]         BIRT_4_7_0_Release_201706222054 -> BIRT_4_7_0_Release_201706222054

n  Ben

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 7:16 PM, Ben Gamble <[hidden email]> wrote:

The maven runtime has been a rich source of irritating bugs for several releases now and I have my eye on all of them for 4.7.0.

n  Ben

After your email, I did check for issues related to it on eclipse bugzilla. Looks like the maven runtime has issues reported since 4.5.0.
I was only aware of the 4.6.0 bug report.

How is the runtime artifact for use via maven built?
I am looking under https://github.com/eclipse/birt/tree/master/build to find the relevant files.
Could you point me to the right files please. I will try to build it locally.

Also, looks like something has changed as to how BIRT is built after getting it from github.
Previously, around March 2017, cloning it and following the instructions was enough, http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/birt-dev/msg10971.html.
However, recently I have had to do the following.

Thanks for your work.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Ben Gamble <[hidden email]> wrote:

In progress.  I hope to get it done this week.

Ben Gamble // Release Engineer // [hidden email]

Is there a maven repository from which one can get BIRT runtime 4.7 snapshots?

Regards,

Zorawar

Re: [EXTERNAL] - Maven artifacts for BIRT Runtime 4.7

Marco Bartolini

I had to do the same, I solved it like that for the CI

                  $JAVA_HOME

                  </jdkHome></configuration> </toolchain> </toolchains>" > toolchain.xml

./mvnw package -DskipTests --global-toolchains toolchain.xml

there’s a way to actually run the tests ?

Marco Bartolini

Software Engineer
marco.bartolini.workday (Skype)
[hidden email]

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Ben Gamble <[hidden email]> wrote:

In progress.  I hope to get it done this week.

Ben Gamble // Release Engineer // [hidden email]

Is there a maven repository from which one can get BIRT runtime 4.7 snapshots?

Regards,

Zorawar

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Ben Gamble <[hidden email]> wrote:

In progress.  I hope to get it done this week.

Ben Gamble // Release Engineer // [hidden email]

Is there a maven repository from which one can get BIRT runtime 4.7 snapshots?

Regards,

Zorawar

Re: [EXTERNAL] - Maven artifacts for BIRT Runtime 4.7

Zorawar S.B.
Hello BIRT Committers,

At my workplace, we would really like to use the latest BIRT 4.7 release.
For our planning, it would help us to know when the maven artifacts will be available.
Could any of the committers let us know when they will be available?

Regards,
Zorawar