Moving on

Marc Khouzam
Hi everyone,

after 10 years working on CDT (with the first 2 as part of the DD project), I have made the difficult choice to move on to a new employer.

As a consequence, I won't have much (if any) time to spend on CDT, and I must step-down as co-lead.  Doug has always been the true lead for the CDT and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work closely with him for this great open-source effort.

I will finish the 9.2.1 release next week and finalize some outstanding patches until the end of March.  After that I'd like to remain a committer and I don't dismiss the possibility of posting patches once in a while,  but I will mostly follow the project as a nostalgic observer.

I want to thank all of you who I've had the privilege to get to know through my work on the CDT, you have made my last 10 years truly amazing (*).

Best regards
Marc Khouzam

(*) I just didn't feel right without giving more detailed thanks, so forgive my lengthiness, but I need to give some heartfelt thanks:

- to my bosses at Ericsson, especially Dominique Toupin for getting me to work with CDT.

- to Doug for mentoring me from the first to the last day. It gave me the confidence to take on more responsibilities, that I thank him for offering to me.

- to Pawel Piech for his incredible technical mentorship on DSF and Eclipse in general.

- to my fellow Ericsson committers (by seniority) Marc-Andre Laperle, Alvaro Sanchez-Leon, Marc Dumais, for all their help, efforts  and support, but mostly for making this job fun.

- to all the others committers, Mikhail, John Cortell, Sergey, Elena, Jeff, Jonah, Teo, Nathan, Thomas, and the many more I had the pleasure to work with over the years, you have shown me that distance is no obstacle for good relationships.

- to the people of the Eclipse Foundation, for their amazing support behind so many of the things we do.

- to the people of CDT community that got involved with us, your presence shows us that our work is appreciated.

- to all the Eclipse committers and contributors that have made it possible for the CDT to exist.

I am grateful to each and everyone of you.

Re: Moving on

Doug Schaefer-3
That’s incredibly sad news Marc, but I fully understand the need for change at times. You need to take care of yourself and your family first and that’s an honourable thing.

You have been a great leader for the CDT. Without you, I doubt whether we would have been able to successfully deliver DSF for GDB. That is definitely your legacy with us.  And your time as co-lead enabled me to focus on other things and bring them both to CDT and to my customers at QNX. I will be eternally grateful for all the work you did for us.

Thank you, good luck in your new role, and please stay in touch with your friends at Eclipse.
Doug.

For the CDT community, I believe it's an important time to pay homage to Marc’s contributions and to take account of where we are and consider where we want the CDT to go in the future. We only go forward together, working together, helping each other.

Re: Moving on

Jan Baeyens

Thanks for everything you did.

May the source be with you

Jantje

Op 19/03/2017 om 2:16 schreef Marc Khouzam:
[...]

Dominique Toupin (QA/EMC)

Hi Marc,

It was a pleasure working with you, your technical skills to tackle a complex debug implementation, your perseverance and all of this with a nice personality that everyone wanted to have in theire team.

You will be missed at eclipse and at ericsson.

We really wish you the best in your new job.

Dominique

Re: Moving on

Mike Milinkovich
Marc,

I'm really sad to hear that you're moving on. You've been a wonderful part of our community for many years. All the best at your new gig.

Mike Milinkovich
+1.613.220.3223

On Mar 19, 2017, at 6:19 AM, Jan Baeyens <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thank you for all the guidance and leadership you have provided me and
the whole community. You will certainly be missed in the halls of CDT.

I wish you the best on your next steps.

Thank you!

Kichwa Coders Ltd.
www.kichwacoders.com

On 19 March 2017 at 01:16, Marc Khouzam <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> after 10 years working on CDT (with the first 2 as part of the DD project),
> I have made the difficult choice to move on to a new employer.
>
> As a consequence, I won't have much (if any) time to spend on CDT, and I
> must step-down as co-lead.  Doug has always been the true lead for the CDT
> and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work closely with him for
> this great open-source effort.
>
> I will finish the 9.2.1 release next week and finalize some outstanding
> patches until the end of March.  After that I'd like to remain a committer
> and I don't dismiss the possibility of posting patches once in a while,  but
> I will mostly follow the project as a nostalgic observer.
>
> I want to thank all of you who I've had the privilege to get to know through
> my work on the CDT, you have made my last 10 years truly amazing (*).
>
> Best regards
> Marc Khouzam
>
> (*) I just didn't feel right without giving more detailed thanks, so forgive
> my lengthiness, but I need to give some heartfelt thanks:
>
> - to my bosses at Ericsson, especially Dominique Toupin for getting me to
> work with CDT.
>
> - to Doug for mentoring me from the first to the last day. It gave me the
> confidence to take on more responsibilities, that I thank him for offering
> to me.
>
> - to Pawel Piech for his incredible technical mentorship on DSF and Eclipse
> in general.
>
> - to my fellow Ericsson committers (by seniority) Marc-Andre Laperle, Alvaro
> Sanchez-Leon, Marc Dumais, for all their help, efforts  and support, but
> mostly for making this job fun.
>
> - to all the others committers, Mikhail, John Cortell, Sergey, Elena, Jeff,
> Jonah, Teo, Nathan, Thomas, and the many more I had the pleasure to work
> with over the years, you have shown me that distance is no obstacle for good
> relationships.
>
> - to the people of the Eclipse Foundation, for their amazing support behind
> so many of the things we do.
>
> - to the people of CDT community that got involved with us, your presence
> shows us that our work is appreciated.
>
> - to all the Eclipse committers and contributors that have made it possible
> for the CDT to exist.
>
> I am grateful to each and everyone of you.

Re: Moving on

Corbat Thomas

Dear Marc

Thanks for all the effort you’ve put into CDT, you did an amazing job. For the project it is really sad that you move on! I wish you a great time in your new job!

Best Regards

Thomas

Re: Moving on

Tracy Miranda-3
Marc,

Wow, just about a year ago a bunch of us were in Reston for the CDT Summit. How quickly things can change. The summit, hackathon and chats after were great fun. With your enthusiasm,optimism & drive you always set such a great tone for those events, not to mention always being very welcoming and inclusive. That will be part of the legacy you leave behind. Also, you complemented Doug so well and I for one will miss the double-act!

Thanks for everything & all the best.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 6:48 AM, Corbat Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Marc

Thanks for all the effort you’ve put into CDT, you did an amazing job. For the project it is really sad that you move on! I wish you a great time in your new job!

Best Regards

Thomas

Re: Moving on

alvaro sanchez-3
Hello Marc,

It's been a pleasure to work with you, you are very talented in both the technical and leadership sides of the job, you will definitely be missed!

Big thanks for all your  professionalism, friendly leadership and support during these years.

All the best in your new Job !

Cheers
/Alvaro

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 9:16 PM, Marc Khouzam <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Marc-André Laperle

Hi Marc,

Thank you for your amazing work! Throughout the years, you were (and still are) a great example for the Eclipse community. I wish you the best in your new project(s) and I know you will do a terrific job.

Marc-André

Re: Moving on

Marc Dumais

Thank you Marc for everything. You will be missed. Best of luck in the new job!

MARC DUMAIS
Software developer

Ericsson
8275 Transcanadienne