Oracle extensions; dev and testing

William Dazey
I recently was looking at the "org.eclipse.persistence.oracle" extension classes and was wondering how I can build this project. Id like to test a patch I made to add support to Oracle12Platform for the FETCH and OFFSET added for v12, but it seems I cant build this project. I see there are like 11 dependency jars, is there an "easy" way of obtaining these dependencies so that I can build? Itll be difficult to make changes here if I cant at least build & test locally first.

Thanks,
Will Dazey

Re: Oracle extensions; dev and testing

Lukas Jungmann
On 11/20/17 10:54 PM, William Dazey wrote:
> I recently was looking at the "org.eclipse.persistence.oracle" extension
> classes and was wondering how I can build this project.

the way I'm building this:

in ~/build.properties I have set following properties:
extensions.depend.dir
oracle.extensions.depend.dir
eclipse.install.dir - pointer to eclipse ide/rcp folder
test.properties - pointer to Oracle DB setup (contains props like
db.driver, db.url, ...); I do also have following props set in this file:

jdbc.driver.jar=
oracle.aqapi.lib=
oracle.orai18n.lib=
oracle.ucp.lib=
oracle.xdb.lib=
oracle.xmlparser.lib=
oracle.sdoapi.lib=<you may not need this one, it's available in the DB>

jdbc.driver.lib=\
  ${jdbc.driver.jar}:\
  ${oracle.aqapi.lib}:\
  ${oracle.orai18n.lib}:\
  ${oracle.ucp.lib}:\
  ${oracle.xdb.lib}:\
  ${oracle.xmlparser.lib}:\
  ${oracle.sdoapi.lib}

if you're behind proxy, you will also need:
p2.director.additionalArgs=-pluginCustomization /path/to/proxy.ini

where proxy.ini contains:
org.eclipse.core.net/proxyData/HTTP/host=...
org.eclipse.core.net/proxyData/HTTPS/host=...
org.eclipse.core.net/proxyData/HTTPS/hasAuth=false
org.eclipse.core.net/proxyData/HTTP/port=...
org.eclipse.core.net/proxyData/HTTPS/port=...
org.eclipse.core.net/org.eclipse.core.net.hasMigrated=true
org.eclipse.core.net/nonProxiedHosts=...
org.eclipse.core.net/systemProxiesEnabled=false
org.eclipse.core.net/proxyData/HTTP/hasAuth=false

  Id like to test
> a patch I made to add support to Oracle12Platform for the FETCH and
> OFFSET added for v12, but it seems I cant build this project. I see
> there are like 11 dependency jars, is there an "easy" way of obtaining
> these dependencies so that I can build?

the easiest way I can think of is to use maven/gradle-like way as it is
shown at https://community.oracle.com/thread/4031349 or if you have the
DB or SQL Developer, grab jars from there

Once you have this, all you need is to 'ant -f oraclebuild.xml build'
which calls 'ant -f antbuild.xml -Doracle.target=oracle.ext build && ant
-f antbuild.xml -Doracle.target=oracle.nosql build'

thanks,
--lukas

  Itll be difficult to make

> changes here if I cant at least build & test locally first.
>
> Thanks,
> Will Dazey

Re: Oracle extensions; dev and testing

William Dazey
Thanks for the info Lukas! This really helped a lot. I am still having an issue tho when building:

     [java] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:0.23.0:compile (default-compile) on project org.eclipse.persistence.oracle: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
     [java] [ERROR] C:\...\org.eclipse.persistence.oracle\src\org\eclipse\persistence\tools\profiler\oracle\DMSPerformanceProfiler.java:[29]
     [java] [ERROR] import oracle.dms.instrument.*;
     [java] [ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^
     [java] [ERROR] The import oracle.dms cannot be resolved

I have EXTENSION_LIB_EXTERNAL set in my Eclipse workspace now and I have the dms.jar @ ${trunk.build.location}/../extension.oracle.lib.external, but I still get this exception when running ">ant -f antbuild.xml -Doracle.target=oracle.ext build-oracle-extension" (I cant seem to run oraclebuild.xmldue to being on Windows OS). Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks,Will

On 11/22/17 12:22 AM, William Dazey wrote:

> Thanks for the info Lukas! This really helped a lot. I am still having
> an issue tho when building:
>
>       [java] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:0.23.0:compile (default-compile)
> on project org.eclipse.persistence.oracle: Compilation failure:
> Compilation failure:
>       [java] [ERROR]
> C:\...\org.eclipse.persistence.oracle\src\org\eclipse\persistence\tools\profiler\oracle\DMSPerformanceProfiler.java:[29]
>       [java] [ERROR] import oracle.dms.instrument.*;
>       [java] [ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^
>       [java] [ERROR] The import oracle.dms cannot be resolved
>
> I have EXTENSION_LIB_EXTERNAL set in my Eclipse workspace now and I have
> the dms.jar @ ${trunk.build.location}/../extension.oracle.lib.external,
> but I still get this exception when running ">ant -f antbuild.xml
> -Doracle.target=oracle.ext build-oracle-extension"

buildsystem/oraclelibs/p2repo has not been generated... can you retry with:
'ant -f antbuild.xml -Doracle.target=oracle.ext build-oracle-extension
-Dgenerate.compdeps=true'

(I cant seem to run
> oraclebuild.xmldue to being on Windows OS). Any thoughts on what I am
> doing wrong here?

can you try 'ant -f oraclebuild.xml build -Dgit.exec=path/to/git.exe'?
Can't test as I'm not on win...

thanks,
--lukas

> [...]
>
>         a patch I made to add support to Oracle12Platform for the FETCH
>         and OFFSET added for v12, but it seems I cant build this
>         project. I see there are like 11 dependency jars, is there an
>         "easy" way of obtaining these dependencies so that I can build?
>

>     the easiest way I can think of is to use maven/gradle-like way as it
>     is shown at https://community.oracle.com/thread/4031349
>     <https://community.oracle.com/thread/4031349> or if you have the DB
>     or SQL Developer, grab jars from there
>

>     Once you have this, all you need is to 'ant -f oraclebuild.xml
>     build' which calls 'ant -f antbuild.xml -Doracle.target=oracle.ext
>     build && ant -f antbuild.xml -Doracle.target=oracle.nosql build'
>
>     thanks,
>     --lukas
>
>       Itll be difficult to make
>
>         changes here if I cant at least build & test locally first.

Ok, I think I determined what my issue was. I double checked and the "buildsystem/oraclelibs/p2repo" dir is being created. However, the "/plugins/oracle.libs_1.0.0.v201711211505.jar" that was created has a dms.jar inside that does not have the oracle.dms.instrument package. In my extension.oracle.lib.external directory, I have a dms.jar that DOES have the oracle.dms.instrument package. I deleted this oracle.libs bundle manually and reran the build with success. I guess one of my previous runs was using the wrong dms.jar and I expected running clean target to clear that out.
Thanks for the help pointing me in the right direction Lukas!

Thanks,
Will

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Lukas Jungmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

'ant -f antbuild.xml -Doracle.target=oracle.ext build-oracle-extension -Dgenerate.compdeps=true'