Oxygen.1/CDT 9.3.2

Doug Schaefer-3

Hey gang, I just checked the schedule and Oxygen.1 RC1 is schedule for the week of Aug 21. I’ll be on vacation then but will steal away some time to make sure the latest 9.3.x build is available then.

The final RC is the week of Sept 11. After that is a quite week (and a bit) and GA (general availability) on Sept 27. I have half a mind to release 9.3.2 before that to make sure our users aren’t waiting around.

BTW, By week we mean, the deadline is generally Wednesday with candidate builds starting on the Monday.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Re: Oxygen.1/CDT 9.3.2

Jonah Graham
On 9 August 2017 at 19:56, Doug Schaefer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey gang, I just checked the schedule and Oxygen.1 RC1 is schedule for the
> week of Aug 21. I’ll be on vacation then but will steal away some time to
> make sure the latest 9.3.x build is available then.
:-) - I can do the website updates when it is published. Can you
publish the standalone debugger for 9.3.2 and I will re-enable the
links on the website.

> The final RC is the week of Sept 11. After that is a quite week (and a bit)
> and GA (general availability) on Sept 27. I have half a mind to release
> 9.3.2 before that to make sure our users aren’t waiting around.
+1

Re: Oxygen.1/CDT 9.3.2

Doug Schaefer-3

I don't know what "publish the standalone debugger" means. I just copy over the artifacts of our build. If it’s not there then it probably should be.

> > The final RC is the week of Sept 11. After that is a quite week (and a
> > bit) and GA (general availability) on Sept 27. I have half a mind to
> > release
> > 9.3.2 before that to make sure our users aren’t waiting around.
> +1

Re: Oxygen.1/CDT 9.3.2

Jonah Graham
The standalone (rcp) debugger is additional artefacts, compare 9.2 to 9.3:

The 9.3 ones are missing the rcp directories.

Is there a wiki that has the steps we're supposed to follow?

HTH
Jonah

On 10 Aug 2017 17:09, "Doug Schaefer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

Re: Oxygen.1/CDT 9.3.2

Doug Schaefer-3

I see now. The Hudson job was copying those files over to the nightly build area but not publishing them in the artifacts area for the job, for example here:

https://hudson.eclipse.org/cdt/job/cdt-9.3/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/

For releases, I don’t trust the nightly area. I think Hudson copying artifacts to the download site is a major security hole. So I’ve been downloading things by hand from the artifacts area of the build I want to publish.

If someone figures out how to get those rcp things published in the Hudson build jobs, I can add that to my list of things to copy over.

Doug.

The standalone (rcp) debugger is additional artefacts, compare 9.2 to 9.3:

The 9.3 ones are missing the rcp directories.

Is there a wiki that has the steps we're supposed to follow?

HTH

Jonah

Re: Oxygen.1/CDT 9.3.2

Jeff Johnston
The artifacts are determined by the Hudson configuration.  I have
added: debug/org.eclipse.cdt.debug.application.product/target/** to
the configuration list.  Next build you can copy the
contents of debug/.../products/ (minus any directories) to the rcp
directory and the contents of debug/.../repository to the
rcp-repository folder.

-- Jeff J

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Doug Schaefer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see now. The Hudson job was copying those files over to the nightly build
> area but not publishing them in the artifacts area for the job, for example
> here:
>

> https://hudson.eclipse.org/cdt/job/cdt-9.3/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/
>

> For releases, I don’t trust the nightly area. I think Hudson copying
> artifacts to the download site is a major security hole. So I’ve been
> downloading things by hand from the artifacts area of the build I want to
> publish.
>

> If someone figures out how to get those rcp things published in the Hudson
> build jobs, I can add that to my list of things to copy over.
>

> Doug.

Re: Oxygen.1/CDT 9.3.2

Doug Schaefer-3
Excellent. Thanks Jeff!

Re: Oxygen.1/CDT 9.3.2

Doug Schaefer-3
BTW, I'll create a script that automates this now that it's more than a couple of steps and post it on the wiki somewhere.

Basically it's just a bunch of wget's, unzip's, and mv's. I then manually setup or update the composite*.xml files that make up the public p2 url. Not much rocket science