[PHPEclipse-devel] Time for a wakeup call ...

[PHPEclipse-devel] Time for a wakeup call ...

Lester Caine
How many people are still sing phpeclipse?

I've been reinstalling my main development machine, and initially loaded PDT,
but the features missing on that are more of a problem than the out of date bits
in phpeclipse. I'm running on Kepler version of Eclipse without a problem, and
have code that I've been working with for years working fine.

However I need to attack a couple of bits that are giving errors I can't ignore
when producing E_STRICT compliant code. The main one is 'static::' although some
of the other distractions that have appeared in PHP probably need addressing as
well such as Namespace. That is the only one I want to pick up in the short term.

Can someone point me in the right direction to address the '::' parsing, to save
me having to back through all the code again - been several years and I don't
use java other than on phpeclipse :(

The other niggle which I'm not so convinced about is smarty3 variations. At
present I'm running smarty2, so the errors I'm seeing may just be my duff
upgrading ;) Anybody confirm that the smarty highlighting is OK for S3?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Re: Time for a wakeup call ...

Robert Kraske
Please take the 1.2.x nightly phpeclipse. Link is on www.phpeclipse.com
This version is ready for PHP 5.3.

Robert

Re: Time for a wakeup call ...

Lester Caine
[hidden email] wrote:
> Please take the 1.2.x nightly phpeclipse. Link is onwww.phpeclipse.com
> This version is ready for PHP 5.3.

That is the version I'm already running ...

Lines like
static::getDisplayUrlFromHash(
are giving
Parser error "';' expected after 'static' statement."

( The e_strict/depricated errors in PEAR don't help either, but not a lot we can
do about that - I have an e_strict version, but have not addressed the use of
'var' in pear )

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL