Potential executor service overhead

Gayan Perera
Hi All,

According to the how executor service is handled in org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.ChainCompletionProposalComputer.executeCallChainSearch() it can be a overhead until the GC collects it in the best case. Because the shutdownNow is only called if a timeout or execution error is raised.

Should i raise a bug for this ? Or am trying to over optimize it ?

Br,
Gayan.

Re: Potential executor service overhead

Andrey Loskutov
Please check bugzilla, I believe there was already bug for that.

--
Kind regards,
Andrey Loskutov

https://www.eclipse.org/user/aloskutov
Спасение утопающих - дело рук самих утопающих

Re: Potential executor service overhead

Gayan Perera
Ok, I'll check.

Br,
Gayan,

--
Kind regards,
Andrey Loskutov

https://www.eclipse.org/user/aloskutov
Спасение утопающих - дело рук самих утопающих

Re: Potential executor service overhead

Roland Grunberg
On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 2:07 PM Gayan Perera <[hidden email]> wrote:
> According to the how executor service is handled in org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.ChainCompletionProposalComputer.executeCallChainSearch() it can be a overhead until the GC collects it in the best case. Because the shutdownNow is only called if a timeout or execution error is raised.
>
> Should i raise a bug for this ? Or am trying to over optimize it ?

Julian filed Bug 560595, and has a change to cancel when timeout is hit.
Feel free to comment/try out his change.

Cheers,
Roland