Project manager needed...

dsaff
All,

As Eclipse 3.3 looms ever closer, and the plug-in still doesn't take
advantage of the new API's in Eclipse 3.2, it has come time for me to
admit that I do not currently have time to work on this project.  I
hope to again soon--I really like working on it, and using it.  Many
thanks to Will Warren, who made an honest effort to work side-by-side
with me this year, even as I slipped behind.

In the meantime, the world needs this plug-in.  I need this plug-in.
If anyone out there has been waiting for their chance, you can jump in
and bring this plug-in up to date, or, honestly, start from
scratch--the JUnit API's are now different enough that a total rewrite
might well come out much better, and prevent you from running into
some interesting "legacy" ideas that didn't work out.

Interested parties should feel free to use the mailing list:

[hidden email]

to organize themselves.  I think at this point it does not make sense
for me to try to hand-pick a "successor".

Of course, I'm eager to answer questions about the current design and
implementation as time allows.

Thanks,

   David Saff

Re: Project manager needed...

Ben Rady-2
I have some interest in this, especially given my work on Infinitest, but I don't have time for it now.

Once junit.org is up and running and I have a few other things squared away, if nobody else has picked it up, I can.

I realize that's a very wishy-washy commitment, but it's the best I can do :-)

Ben

On 6/28/07, David Saff <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ben,

I've had another, slightly less tentative offer--if they pick up on
it, I'll have them get in touch with you.  Thanks,

   David