Question about how to catch compilation event

Question about how to catch compilation event

Mijung Kim
Hi, my name is MJ who just started to work with Eclipse and make a plugin.

I am making a plugin that does some actions when source codes are saved-and-compiled successfully. In other words, I have to hook up save-and-compile mechanism of Eclipse to my plugin.

For example, when a file is saved, then Eclipse will automatically compile the file. If the file is compiled successfully, then I have to do some actions(for instance, print some strings on a consol box by System.out.println) in a plugin. If not, do nothing.

I thought that this mechanism was similar with that of continuous testing plugin since continous testing generates test cases after the compilation is done.

Could you tell me how you catch the compilation event in your plugin?

Here are specific questions:
1. What kind of plugins that I have to use? For instance, View plugin or Editor plugin or Builder plugin or just standard one etc?
2. How would I catch the successful-compilation event? Could you tell me which plugins that I have to import and mothod names that I have to call?

Thank you very much.

MJ