Re: [eclipse-dev] Reminder: Photon (4.8) M6 is API Freeze

Re: [eclipse-dev] Reminder: Photon (4.8) M6 is API Freeze

Mickael Istria-5
Hi Dani,

I'm working on a change (parallel builds) which at some point would require an API: mostly a couple of preference symbol definitions and a couple of getter/setters in WorkspaceDescription. However, I'm not 100% confident that this [initially opt-in] feature can be fully part of M6.
What is the best way to proceed in such case? Should I already prepare a Gerrit patch with the API additions and try to get it in by M6 even if it's not used right away, or is it better to delay it and discuss it later with PMC?

Re: [eclipse-dev] Reminder: Photon (4.8) M6 is API Freeze

Lars Vogel-2
Hi Mickael,

I'm curious. Can you share a related bug report?

Best regards, Lars

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 4:09 PM, Mickael Istria <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Dani,
>
> I'm working on a change (parallel builds) which at some point would require
> an API: mostly a couple of preference symbol definitions and a couple of
> getter/setters in WorkspaceDescription. However, I'm not 100% confident that
> this [initially opt-in] feature can be fully part of M6.
> What is the best way to proceed in such case? Should I already prepare a
> Gerrit patch with the API additions and try to get it in by M6 even if it's
> not used right away, or is it better to delay it and discuss it later with
> PMC?
>
> Cheers,

Eclipse Platform project co-lead
CEO vogella GmbH

Haindaalwisch 17a, 22395 Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg: HRB 127058
USt-IdNr.: DE284122352
Fax (040) 5247 6322, Email: [hidden email], Web: http://www.vogella.com

Re: [eclipse-dev] Reminder: Photon (4.8) M6 is API Freeze

Mickael Istria-5

Re: [eclipse-dev] Reminder: Photon (4.8) M6 is API Freeze

Lars Vogel-2
Kudos Mickael for working on this. Parallel builds sound like a dream feature.