Re: [eclipse-dev] [platform-ui-dev] Oxygen 1a and R4_7_maintenance

Re: [eclipse-dev] [platform-ui-dev] Oxygen 1a and R4_7_maintenance

Daniel Megert
I asked the Planning Council chair to update the schedules.

Dani

From:        Leo Ufimtsev <[hidden email]>
To:        "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <[hidden email]>
Date:        18.09.2017 15:16
Subject:        Re: [eclipse-dev] [platform-ui-dev] Oxygen 1a and R4_7_maintenance
Sent by:        [hidden email]

Hello,

I observed the simultaneous release schedule doesn't mention the 4.7.1a release and it's details:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Photon/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#Schedule

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 8:15 AM, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@...> wrote:
I assume all of you heard about the upcoming Oxygen 1a release that ONLY contains changes for Java 9 and JUnit 5.

Here is the approved schedule for Oxygen 1a:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Planning_Council/September_6_2017#Java_9_release

So far Oxygen 1 has not been declared and R4_7_maintenance is closed. If no issue arises on the train (projects) for RC4. we will declare Oxygen 1 this Friday and then open R4_7_maintenance for the next official release, which is Oxygen 1a where ONLY JUnit 5 and Java 9 related changes are allowed. All other changes must be contributed after Oxygen 1a is out on October 11.

Of course preparing Gerrit changes against R4_7_maintenance is allowed, just merging them is not allowed.

Leo Ufimtsev, Software Engineer, Red Hat_______________________________________________