Reminder: Photon (4.8) M6 is API Freeze

Daniel Megert
Hi Team

This is a reminder that with upcoming Photon (4.8) M6 APIs are considered done. After M6, any API change, including additions, will require PMC approval.

Cheers!

Re: Reminder: Photon (4.8) M6 is API Freeze

Daniel Megert
Hi Mickael

I would wait until the API is consumed and proven. The PMC usually approves new APIs. but might reject changes.

Dani

From:        Mickael Istria <[hidden email]>
Cc:        "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <[hidden email]>
Date:        08.02.2018 16:12
Subject:        Re: [eclipse-dev] Reminder: Photon (4.8) M6 is API Freeze
Sent by:        [hidden email]

Hi Dani,

I'm working on a change (parallel builds) which at some point would require an API: mostly a couple of preference symbol definitions and a couple of getter/setters in WorkspaceDescription. However, I'm not 100% confident that this [initially opt-in] feature can be fully part of M6.
What is the best way to proceed in such case? Should I already prepare a Gerrit patch with the API additions and try to get it in by M6 even if it's not used right away, or is it better to delay it and discuss it later with PMC?