Slow Mapping

John Arevalo
Hi list,

Now i'm facing a problem while load a query:

i've enabled logging.level to FINE in order to check Native Query,
executed from jdbc tool takes around 0,031 s.

i've loaded that ResultList in a h:selectOneMenu(JSF).

In develop environment works succesfully, but in prod Environment
takes around 15 seg. 200 objects are Mapped (aprx.).

no matter how many concurrent users are in the application, the
response time is the same.

what can i do to reduce that time?

Thanks for your replies

--
John Arévalo
GNU/Linux User #443701

Re: Slow Mapping

jamesssss
To start with I would set logging to finest so you can check what is occurring.  Ensure that the original query is not triggering other queries for related objects, (this may occur if LAZY is not working because weaving is not being used in your production server).

You could also try enabling the EclipseLink profiler, or use a third party profiler such as JProfiler.

You could also simplify the query to determine which part of it is causing the issue.

John Arevalo wrote
Hi list,

Now i'm facing a problem while load a query:

i've enabled logging.level to FINE in order to check Native Query,
executed from jdbc tool takes around 0,031 s.

i've loaded that ResultList in a h:selectOneMenu(JSF).

In develop environment works succesfully, but in prod Environment
takes around 15 seg. 200 objects are Mapped (aprx.).

no matter how many concurrent users are in the application, the
response time is the same.

what can i do to reduce that time?

Thanks for your replies

--
John Arévalo
GNU/Linux User #443701
http://counter.li.org/

Re: Slow Mapping

John Arevalo
Hi James,

i've enabled FINEST logging and additional messages has added:

FINEST Register the existing object 50006000

this registry is added per each Object. does this mean is caching the
object in every query?

no more native queries has been executed.

Thanks,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 9:50 AM, James Sutherland <[hidden email]> wrote:

> To start with I would set logging to finest so you can check what is
> occurring.  Ensure that the original query is not triggering other queries
> for related objects, (this may occur if LAZY is not working because weaving
> is not being used in your production server).
>
> You could also try enabling the EclipseLink profiler, or use a third party
> profiler such as JProfiler.
>
> You could also simplify the query to determine which part of it is causing
> the issue.
>

> John Arevalo wrote:
>>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> Now i'm facing a problem while load a query:
>>
>> i've enabled logging.level to FINE in order to check Native Query,
>> executed from jdbc tool takes around 0,031 s.
>>
>> i've loaded that ResultList in a h:selectOneMenu(JSF).
>>
>> In develop environment works succesfully, but in prod Environment
>> takes around 15 seg. 200 objects are Mapped (aprx.).
>>
>> no matter how many concurrent users are in the application, the
>> response time is the same.
>>
>> what can i do to reduce that time?
>>
>> Thanks for your replies
>>
>> --