Survey: are you using ct-eclipse

dsaff
All,

Thanks to Will Warren's motivational energy, planning and development
is restarting for CT-Eclipse, the less wordy new name of the
continuous testing plug-in for Eclipse.

The new development homepage is at

http://ct-eclipse.tigris.org

To focus our compatibility efforts, we'd love to have a quick answer
to the following question.  Feel free to simply place an x in the line
before the statement that best describes you, and forward this on to
[hidden email], for anonymity.

___ I still use ct-eclipse on Eclipse 3.1

___ I've upgraded Eclipse to 3.2.x, but I would use ct-eclipse if it
work with my version of Eclipse

___ I've upgraded Eclipse to a 3.3 milestone, but I would use
ct-eclipse if it work with my version of Eclipse

___ I'm an MIT student with access to a beta version of CT-Eclipse 2.0

___ I don't use ct-eclipse now, and don't plan to use ct-eclipse in the future

___ Other answer (Please fill in below, if you have time)

Thanks again,

   David Saff

Re: Survey: are you using ct-eclipse

Peter Haig-2
G'day David,

> _X__ Other answer (Please fill in below, if you have time)

I played with CT a fair while ago now and *really* liked the intent.
However I found that because I had a large project, that the Host
(Eclipse) behaved strangely with the plugin. Keyboard non-responsive type
stuff.

Upgraded to later eclipse, and dropped it. While I think that the tool
would be extremely useful, we are currently reevaluating using eclipse, as
it is just too unstable a platform. Over 10 pairing stations (Fedora Core
5), we are restarting eclipse probably 12 times per day. Part of that is
our fault, as we have not refactored our project well into smaller
decoupled projects, and so seem to stress eclipse. We are paying that
technical debt off, but it takes a long time.

Best Rgds, Peter H.

P.S. I will look at the new project at some point. Just don't know when..

> All,
>
> Thanks to Will Warren's motivational energy, planning and development
> is restarting for CT-Eclipse, the less wordy new name of the
> continuous testing plug-in for Eclipse.
>
> The new development homepage is at
>
> http://ct-eclipse.tigris.org
>
> To focus our compatibility efforts, we'd love to have a quick answer
> to the following question.  Feel free to simply place an x in the line
> before the statement that best describes you, and forward this on to
> [hidden email], for anonymity.
>
> ___ I still use ct-eclipse on Eclipse 3.1
>
> ___ I've upgraded Eclipse to 3.2.x, but I would use ct-eclipse if it
> work with my version of Eclipse
>
> ___ I've upgraded Eclipse to a 3.3 milestone, but I would use
> ct-eclipse if it work with my version of Eclipse
>
> ___ I'm an MIT student with access to a beta version of CT-Eclipse 2.0
>
> ___ I don't use ct-eclipse now, and don't plan to use ct-eclipse in the
> future
>
> ___ Other answer (Please fill in below, if you have time)
>
> Thanks again,
>
>    David Saff

RE: Survey: are you using ct-eclipse

Robert Martin-8

Thanks to Will Warren's motivational energy, planning and development
is restarting for CT-Eclipse, the less wordy new name of the
continuous testing plug-in for Eclipse.

The new development homepage is at

http://ct-eclipse.tigris.org

To focus our compatibility efforts, we'd love to have a quick answer
to the following question.  Feel free to simply place an x in the line
before the statement that best describes you, and forward this on to
[hidden email], for anonymity.

___ I still use ct-eclipse on Eclipse 3.1

__x_ I've upgraded Eclipse to 3.2.x, but I would use ct-eclipse if it
work with my version of Eclipse

___ I've upgraded Eclipse to a 3.3 milestone, but I would use
ct-eclipse if it work with my version of Eclipse

___ I'm an MIT student with access to a beta version of CT-Eclipse 2.0

___ I don't use ct-eclipse now, and don't plan to use ct-eclipse in the
future

___ Other answer (Please fill in below, if you have time)

Thanks again,

   David Saff

Re: Survey: are you using ct-eclipse

Paul Andrews-3
On 3/16/07, David Saff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> Thanks to Will Warren's motivational energy, planning and development
> is restarting for CT-Eclipse, the less wordy new name of the
> continuous testing plug-in for Eclipse.
>
> The new development homepage is at
>
> http://ct-eclipse.tigris.org
>
> To focus our compatibility efforts, we'd love to have a quick answer
> to the following question.  Feel free to simply place an x in the line
> before the statement that best describes you, and forward this on to
> [hidden email], for anonymity.
>
> _X__ I still use ct-eclipse on Eclipse 3.1
>
> ___ I've upgraded Eclipse to 3.2.x, but I would use ct-eclipse if it
> work with my version of Eclipse
>
> ___ I've upgraded Eclipse to a 3.3 milestone, but I would use
> ct-eclipse if it work with my version of Eclipse
>
> ___ I'm an MIT student with access to a beta version of CT-Eclipse 2.0
>
> ___ I don't use ct-eclipse now, and don't plan to use ct-eclipse in the future
>
> ___ Other answer (Please fill in below, if you have time)
>
> Thanks again,
>
>    David Saff

Re: Survey: are you using ct-eclipse

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen
Peter Haig skrev  den 17-03-2007 00:51:
> Upgraded to later eclipse, and dropped it. While I think that the tool
> would be extremely useful, we are currently reevaluating using eclipse, as
> it is just too unstable a platform. Over 10 pairing stations (Fedora Core
> 5), we are restarting eclipse probably 12 times per day. Part of that is
> our fault, as we have not refactored our project well into smaller
> decoupled projects, and so seem to stress eclipse. We are paying that
> technical debt off, but it takes a long time.

I have found Eclipse to be very stable under Windows.  The usual
question for Eclipse being bogged down is insufficient memory - I
usually run with at least 512 Mb, and it works well.

I tried out using the ct plugin a while back, and ended up stopping
using it.   I think for it to work well, it should run completely in the
background when Eclipse is otherwise idle, and primarily use a visual
indicator like frame color changing to red (or similar) to indicate that
things have broken.

--
  Thorbjørn

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

AW: Survey: are you using ct-eclipse

Roschewski, Michael

x__ I've upgraded Eclipse to 3.2.x, but I would use ct-eclipse if it
work with my version of Eclipse

It's a great tool and I am really missing it in Eclipse 3.2.x.

Miro

Re: Survey: are you using ct-eclipse

Colin Kilburn-2

_X_ I've upgraded Eclipse to 3.2.x, but I would use ct-eclipse if it
work with my version of Eclipse

I was very excited about this project, but I didn't even find it until I was already using 3.2.   I'm very interested in using it.