Usage of Variables in config.ini file

Vikram Aruchamy (RBEI/ETB5)

Hello,

I would like to use the environment variables in configuration/config.ini file of my RCP product.

E.g.:

Osgi.bundles = reference\:file\:$myvariabename$/org.example_4.8.2.v4_8_2_v20110321-1705/@4,...

So that I can make my RCP product to load the bundle from the value of myvariablename(c:\test\).

Is it possible to use such variables? If yes how?

If not, I would like to edit the class which reads the config.ini file of the RCP product. Which file I need to edit in order to make use of the variables in config.ini file.. WebstartMain.java or EclipseStarter.java?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,

Vikram

Re: Usage of Variables in config.ini file

Thomas Watson
See the usage of method org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxConfiguration.ConfigValues.substituteVars(Properties)

This should be possible today.  Is it not working for you?

Tom

Re: Usage of Variables in config.ini file

Vikram Aruchamy (RBEI/ETB5)

May I know from which OSGI version this method is being used?

We are using OSGI 3.7.0 and there I do not find EquinoxConfiguration class.

Best regards,

Aruchamy Vikram
RBEI/ETB27

Tel. +91 422 67-62484

See the usage of method org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxConfiguration.ConfigValues.substituteVars(Properties)

This should be possible today.  Is it not working for you?

Tom

Re: Usage of Variables in config.ini file

Vikram Aruchamy (RBEI/ETB5)

Now I am using bundle org.eclipse.osgi version 3.10.0 where EquinoxConfiguration is available. But I am not able to use environment variables in config.ini

If I use  osgi.bundles=c:\toolbase\test\ com.bosch.example,  Product Is launched successfully.

But when I use osgi.bundles=$TB_HOMEDIR$\test\ com.bosch.example, I am getting the below error.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2017-09-22 07:28:33.677

!MESSAGE Bundle $TB_HOMEDIR$/test/com.bosch.example not found.

!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR

!STACK 0

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module:

I am exporting eclipse product using Eclipse Product Export Wizard. Can you please help?

Best regards,

Aruchamy Vikram
RBEI/ETB27

Tel. +91 422 67-62484