WTP Development Status - please read

Carl Anderson

Folks,

There should be a WTP Development Status meeting today, but due to circumstances that arose this morning, I will not be able to attend or run it. I have not found anyone to run it in my absence, so... unless someone steps up, there will not be a meeting today. To add to the fun, the WTP 3.10 build is broken today, so there is not yet a smoke test request.
So, unless things change, I plan to hold a WTP Development Status meeting on Jan. 18. If the WTP 3.10 build gets fixed soon, we should have a smoke test, otherwise we will hold off until Jan. 18 for that as well.

Happy New Year!

- Carl Anderson
WTP PMC lead

Reminder: Setting those Target Milestones

Nitin Dahyabhai-2
Folks,
Just a small reminder to set the Target Milestone value when you resolve a
bug, especially if it’s Fixed. The fixed won’t show up in our release pages'
queries otherwise, and you might find yourself fielding questions about exactly
which release contains a fix long after you've forgotten that detail. Plus,
it's a case of getting the credit where it's due, and many of you are due.

Here's the query for the bugs marked fixed in 2017:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?chfield=resolution&chfieldfrom=2017-01-01&chfieldto=2017-12-31&chfieldvalue=FIXED&classification=WebTools&order=changeddate%2Ctarget_milestone%2Cbug_id%20DESC&query_format=advanced

Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

Re: Reminder: Setting those Target Milestones

nboldt
Last time I checked (mid-December) several of the WTP projects in BZ didn't have Oxygen.3 and Photon milestone targets available to select when editing BZs.

Has that been fixed? If not, I can open a BZ to ask that it be fixed... But to whom should that be assigned?

If someone gives me BZ admin perms, as releng guy I'll update the missing fixversions myself.

--

Nick Boldt
Senior Software Engineer, RHCSA

El 5 ene. 2018 12:30 AM, "Nitin Dahyabhai" <[hidden email]> escribió:
Folks,
Just a small reminder to set the Target Milestone value when you resolve a
bug, especially if it’s Fixed. The fixed won’t show up in our release pages'
queries otherwise, and you might find yourself fielding questions about exactly
which release contains a fix long after you've forgotten that detail. Plus,
it's a case of getting the credit where it's due, and many of you are due.

Here's the query for the bugs marked fixed in 2017:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?chfield=resolution&chfieldfrom=2017-01-01&chfieldto=2017-12-31&chfieldvalue=FIXED&classification=WebTools&order=changeddate%2Ctarget_milestone%2Cbug_id%20DESC&query_format=advanced

Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

Re: Reminder: Setting those Target Milestones

Keith Chong

Nick, it looks like any committer in a project can add a milestone. After you log in to eclipse.org, under the Committer Tools section, select Bugzilla manager and follow the links.

Your e-mail is a good reminder to, at least, the project leads to add the targets.

Regards,
Keith Chong
WTP Web Services

Inactive hide details for Nick Boldt ---2018/01/09 07:14:10 AM---Last time I checked (mid-December) several of the WTP projectsNick Boldt ---2018/01/09 07:14:10 AM---Last time I checked (mid-December) several of the WTP projects in BZ didn't have Oxygen.3 and Photon

From: Nick Boldt <[hidden email]>
To: "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <[hidden email]>
Date: 2018/01/09 07:14 AM
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] Reminder: Setting those Target Milestones
Sent by: [hidden email]

Last time I checked (mid-December) several of the WTP projects in BZ didn't have Oxygen.3 and Photon milestone targets available to select when editing BZs.

Has that been fixed? If not, I can open a BZ to ask that it be fixed... But to whom should that be assigned?

If someone gives me BZ admin perms, as releng guy I'll update the missing fixversions myself.

--

Nick Boldt
Senior Software Engineer, RHCSA
IM: @nickboldt / @nboldt / http://nick.divbyzero.com
Sent from my Android phone

Re: Reminder: Setting those Target Milestones

nboldt
I logged in and then went to https://dev.eclipse.org/committers/bugs/bugz_manager.php and here's what I saw:

Bugzilla management

Use this interface to edit bugzilla components, add versions and add milestones for your project(s)

It looks like you don't have access to edit any bugzilla components.
Talk to the PL or PMC of your project(s)

So... could you grant me access?

thx,

Nick

From: Nick Boldt <[hidden email]>