Will "JavaSE-9" be the string to identify Java 9 execution environment?

Will "JavaSE-9" be the string to identify Java 9 execution environment?

Andreas Sewe
Hi,

quick question: How likely is it that the string JDT uses to to identify
Java 9 execution environments will stay "JavaSE-9"?

I understand that you take these strings from OSGi. Unfortunately, the
OSGi wiki has been hacked and is thus offline [1], so I can't check if
they have come to a decision upstream already.

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <http://wiki.osgi.org/wiki/Execution_Environment>

--
Codetrails GmbH
The knowledge transfer company

Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt
Phone: +49-6151-276-7092
Mobile: +49-170-811-3791
http://www.codetrails.com/

Managing Director: Dr. Marcel Bruch
Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 91940

Re: Will "JavaSE-9" be the string to identify Java 9 execution environment?

Daniel Megert
Hi Andreas

It's "JavaSE-9". For details see https://www.osgi.org/developer/specifications/reference/#ReferenceEEs.

HTH
Dani

From:        Andreas Sewe <[hidden email]>
To:        [hidden email]
Date:        29.03.2017 14:00
Subject:        [jdt-core-dev] Will "JavaSE-9" be the string to identify Java 9 execution environment?

quick question: How likely is it that the string JDT uses to to identify
Java 9 execution environments will stay "JavaSE-9"?

I understand that you take these strings from OSGi. Unfortunately, the
OSGi wiki has been hacked and is thus offline [1], so I can't check if
they have come to a decision upstream already.

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <
http://wiki.osgi.org/wiki/Execution_Environment>

--
Codetrails GmbH
The knowledge transfer company

Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt
Phone: +49-6151-276-7092
Mobile: +49-170-811-3791
http://www.codetrails.com/

Managing Director: Dr. Marcel Bruch
Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 91940

[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Daniel Megert/Zurich/IBM] _______________________________________________
jdt-core-dev mailing list
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jdt-core-dev

Re: Will "JavaSE-9" be the string to identify Java 9 execution environment?

Andreas Sewe
Hi Dani,

> It's "JavaSE-9". For details see
> https://www.osgi.org/developer/specifications/reference/#ReferenceEEs.

thank you for the quick reply. Added this to my list of bookmarks.

Best wishes,

Andreas