[carsten@c-otto.de: [ftpsync-eclipse-ftp@ftp] (32531) rsync ERROR on 2012.06.27-22:53:38]

Carsten Otto-5
Another one. Pretty please take care that I do not need to tell you
about these errors. Or pay me. Thanks.

----- Forwarded message from [hidden email] -----

Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 22:53:38 +0200 (CEST)
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [ftpsync-eclipse-ftp@ftp] (32531) rsync ERROR on 2012.06.27-22:53:38

file has vanished: "/technology/epp/packages/juno/compositeContent.jar" (in eclipseMirror)
file has vanished: "/technology/epp/packages/juno/compositeArtifacts.xml" (in eclipseMirror)
file has vanished: "/technology/epp/packages/juno/compositeArtifacts.jar" (in eclipseMirror)
file has vanished: "/technology/epp/packages/juno/compositeContent.xml" (in eclipseMirror)
rsync warning: some files vanished before they could be transferred (code 24) at main.c(1526) [generator=3.0.7]

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Carsten Otto           [hidden email]
LuFG Informatik 2      http://verify.rwth-aachen.de/otto/

Re: [carsten@c-otto.de: [ftpsync-eclipse-ftp@ftp] (32531) rsync ERROR on 2012.06.27-22:53:38]

Markus Knauer-2
No need to worry about this one. In this case I know what happened... I assume your rsync job started *before* 11am UTC today and finished *after* 1pm UTC today. Sometimes it happens that files are moved when an rsync job is running, and I do know that these files have been moved at around this time.

Markus

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Carsten Otto <[hidden email]> wrote:
Another one. Pretty please take care that I do not need to tell you
about these errors. Or pay me. Thanks.

----- Forwarded message from [hidden email] -----

Re: [carsten@c-otto.de: [ftpsync-eclipse-ftp@ftp] (32531) rsync ERROR on 2012.06.27-22:53:38]

Carsten Otto-5
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:27:41PM +0200, Markus Knauer wrote:
> No need to worry about this one. In this case I know what happened... I
> assume your rsync job started *before* 11am UTC today and finished *after*
> 1pm UTC today. Sometimes it happens that files are moved when an rsync job
> is running, and I do know that these files have been moved at around this
> time.

The error still persists.
--
Carsten Otto           [hidden email]
LuFG Informatik 2      http://verify.rwth-aachen.de/otto/
RWTH Aachen            phone: +49 241 80-21211

Re: [carsten@c-otto.de: [ftpsync-eclipse-ftp@ftp] (32531) rsync ERROR on 2012.06.27-22:53:38]

Denis Roy
The attribute cache has gone stale for that directory.  I'd have to stop
Apache, umount it and remount it, which, in the middle of a release, I
cannot do.

At this time, I can only recommend you ignore the warnings.  Sorry.

Denis

On 06/27/2012 05:19 PM, Carsten Otto wrote:

> Another one. Pretty please take care that I do not need to tell you
> about these errors. Or pay me. Thanks.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from [hidden email] -----
>
> Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 22:53:38 +0200 (CEST)
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [ftpsync-eclipse-ftp@ftp] (32531) rsync ERROR on 2012.06.27-22:53:38
>
> file has vanished: "/technology/epp/packages/juno/compositeContent.jar" (in eclipseMirror)
> file has vanished: "/technology/epp/packages/juno/compositeArtifacts.xml" (in eclipseMirror)
> file has vanished: "/technology/epp/packages/juno/compositeArtifacts.jar" (in eclipseMirror)
> file has vanished: "/technology/epp/packages/juno/compositeContent.xml" (in eclipseMirror)
> rsync warning: some files vanished before they could be transferred (code 24) at main.c(1526) [generator=3.0.7]

Re: [carsten@c-otto.de: [ftpsync-eclipse-ftp@ftp] (32531) rsync ERROR on 2012.06.27-22:53:38]

Carsten Otto-5
Hi,

could you now fix the errors? Three more errors appeared (it would really be
nice to have some automated mechanism that takes care of such errors, but I
guess I already wrote about that issue once or twice).

rsync: opendir "/modeling/emft/featuremodel/update-site/features" (in eclipseMirror) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: opendir "/modeling/emft/featuremodel/update-site/plugins" (in eclipseMirror) failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: send_files failed to open "/modeling/emft/featuremodel/update-site/site.xml" (in eclipseMirror): Permission denied (13)
file has vanished: "/technology/epp/packages/juno/compositeContent.jar" (in eclipseMirror)
file has vanished: "/technology/epp/packages/juno/compositeArtifacts.xml" (in eclipseMirror)
file has vanished: "/technology/epp/packages/juno/compositeArtifacts.jar" (in eclipseMirror)
file has vanished: "/technology/epp/packages/juno/compositeContent.xml" (in eclipseMirror)

Best regards,
--
Carsten Otto           [hidden email]
LuFG Informatik 2      http://verify.rwth-aachen.de/otto/
RWTH Aachen            phone: +49 241 80-21211

Re: [carsten@c-otto.de: [ftpsync-eclipse-ftp@ftp] (32531) rsync ERROR on 2012.06.27-22:53:38]

Denis Roy
It is automated -- we have a script that reads your posts on this list and chmods all the files you mention.

Keep up the good work!  :-)

Denis