Eclipse Parallel Tools
Eclipse Parallel Tools - Dev
only in this topic
Open this post in threaded view
I've made some changes to the sdm that I hope will fix the problem
you saw when hitting a breakpoint on a set of processes. It should
also make debugging MPI programs more reliable. Please test.
Clement, there is a problem with the UI losing track of processes.
Here's how to repeat:
1. Compile test program:
main(int argc, char *argv)
printf("continue process 0, leave process 1 suspended\n");
/* infinite */;
2. Start debugger with 2 processes.
3. With both processes suspended in main(), continue process 0 using
the control in the Debug (not Parallel Debug) view. Leave process 1
4. Suspend both processes using control in Parallel Debug view.
5. Step both processes using control in Parallel Debug view. Notice
that process 0 starts running (ok), but process 1 does not step
(bad). Suspend processes again.
6. Try continuing both processes. Only process 0 starts running.
Suspend processes again.
7. Try terminating both processes. Only process 0 terminates.
After step 4, it looks like any commands from the Parallel Debug view
are only being sent to process 0.
ptp-dev mailing list
Return to Eclipse Parallel Tools - Dev
1 view|%1 views
Free forum by Nabble
Edit this page