lsp4e-cpp gerrit checking

Jonah Graham
Hi folks,

Its pretty exciting to see some lsp4e-cpp changes coming through!

At the moment lsp4e-cpp is not part of the main build (i.e. it is
ignored if you do mvn ... in the cdt root). This means that the
cdt-verify-* jobs are rather pointless for changes containing
lsp4e-cpp changes. As a result I have disabled gerrit jobs running on
changes to the lsp4e-cpp directory.

I have added a job that simply votes +1 for lsp4e-cpp changes. You can
see an example of that here: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/123725/

When the lsp4e-cpp is integrated into the maven configs I can add/edit
the Jenkins jobs.

I hope that helps.

Kichwa Coders Ltd.

Re: lsp4e-cpp gerrit checking

Doug Schaefer-3
Thanks Jonah, though we should get poms in place soon.

The biggest problem is that the lsp editor overrides the current editor (or at least does when it starts up in a certain order). We'll need to figure that out before we go live with it.

Doug.

Nathan Ridge
Thanks Jonah!

It would be nice to have a way of verifying that changes submitted to lsp4e-cpp are at least successfully compiling (and later, if we add test suites to the lsp4e-cpp plugin, that those tests are passing).

Is there a way to do that without including lsp4e-cpp in what we ship yet?

Thanks,
Nate

Thanks Jonah, though we should get poms in place soon.

The biggest problem is that the lsp editor overrides the current editor (or at least does when it starts up in a certain order). We'll need to figure that out before we go live with it.

Doug.

You just need set up the Maven pom files. The plug-ins only get included in the build if they're added to the repo build.

Thanks, Doug, I'll look into that. What is the repo build?

Thanks,
Nate
You just need set up the Maven pom files. The plug-ins only get included in the build if they're added to the repo build.

Yeah, I worded that badly. The p2 repo gets created in the org.eclipse.cdt.repo project. In think it's in the releng folder.

So in the end, just adding the pom files and hooking them up doesn't ship them. We need to add the features to the category.xml file in the repo project to do that.

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device - via the Rogers Network
Sent: May 31, 2018 10:15 PM