[notable compiler change] type vs. package conflict

[notable compiler change] type vs. package conflict

Stephan Herrmann-2
Hi

just to let you know that ecj now accepts a situation that previously was
flagged as an error, one specific occurrence of:
    "type X collides with a package"

We now check if a given directory actually contains any .class or .java files
(recursively). A conflict can only occur if a package is declared by a
compilation unit, which is now partially checked. We do not read .java files to
check if they are empty. (Some other bug which I don't recall right now actually
does this). I hope this solution is "good enough".

Previously, this bug prevented projects, that store non-java resources in a
directory of the same name as a class, from using ecj.

Details are in https://bugs.eclipse.org/377850

best,
Stephan